Big Red-racer rebuilt

• 3 weeks later...

OK OK here you go, Bonnet, hatch, headlight buckets to go, plus what colour should I do the bumpers? they are fibreglass so chrome is out of the question. I'm thinking body colour or the same silver as the rims but paint man, wife and accountant think black....

We had our final car club event for the year last Saturday, the Highcleare Hillclimb and Mick (V8) came an excellent second in class E whilst Mick (yellow 240Z L28) won class C. Mick (yellow) has his finger on the Zed pulse and was saying there are at least another 4 Zed's in the build in Tassie, of which at least 2 are race/rally cars, so look out!! Mick (V8) looked fantastic off the start line and sounded great.

Cheers

Hodgo

post-1057-144023654778_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023654782_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023654785_thumb.jpg

Car looks great Hodgo Nice to see it coming back to its former glory

My vote would be body colour still like way it looks on my car 20 years after painting it Thanks for heads up know i need to stop working on my car and get out and drive it more next year hope to see u at more events

Mick

Cheer's Guy's...Saw it out in the sun light today, man it's bright!!

Spoke to the 'Spray Chief' Guy today re chrome paint and he said it's not that good on bumpers...so I had a chat to my signwriter and you can get chrome vinyl but he said it wouldn't stretch enough to get aound the tight corners of the bumpers and would need a few join's and again wasn't keen which is a shame as they have some very cool colours etc like brushed alum...anyway were going black and see how she looks.

Got new windscreen and rear hatch rubbers this week and the new screen will go in when the dash is re fitted, so all moving along very well.

Looking into Fuel pumps, surge tanks and injectors next...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

LOL yeah Scando...a John Deer Green pinstripe wouldn't look good, and yep, yep, yep your right Mick. Long weekend coming up, so hoping to make a start.

Good news too Bondy, the GTR injectors will fit the fuel rail after a bit of o'ring swapping, So I'll pop them in to get checked and cleaned, hopefully there not toooo big?

Got a new starter and altinator today. My R30 rallying, auto sparky mate gave me the right part numbers which turned out to be a Nivara Starter and a VG30E 90a Alt.

Has anyone got a 260z 2+2 box out and sitting on the floor? I'm wondering what length the throw out bearing carrier is? I've got 3 different sizes here in stock.

Another Zed angle and a couple from a few weekends ago at our khana x...rained a bit..You dirty Rat!

post-1057-144023667316_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023667328_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023667341_thumb.jpg

Good news too Bondy, the GTR injectors will fit the fuel rail after a bit of o'ring swapping, So I'll pop them in to get checked and cleaned, hopefully there not toooo big?

Excellent, I'm sure they'll work well.  They idle fine in a 2.6 from the factory so there shouldn't be any trouble in the big block  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guy's..Bit off topic, but Team 'Pulled apart Z in the Shed', Scando and Myself 'Slummed' it in the blue boxey four door at our Kart track lap sprint yesterday, as well as Mighty Mick in the V8 weapon. Scando was leading the event OUTRIGHT until the last run when he was pipped by a Kobota...sorry Wrx and I was third until pipped by a turbo Sprinter again on the last run...bugger!! Mick cleaned up Class E and  had to leave early to drive a Rolls Royce at a wedding which is a shame as his Zed sounded Fat!! The poor old Rat copped a flogging, with the new soft Dunlops and 4.8 diff making a big difference to last years times.

It was a very impressive effort from Shane who had never driven the car before his first run and hadn't driven a race car for a couple of seasons...

post-1057-144023669489_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023669493_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023669501_thumb.jpg