Administrators gav240z Posted November 11, 2008 Administrators Posted November 11, 2008 Fantastic looking carbs http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Completely-rebuit-SOLEX-for-Datsun-L-type-engine-240Z_W0QQitemZ280283829041QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280283829041&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318 Item number: 280283829041 Quote
Cdr Zero Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 These look great, would I be better off getting these or 44mm ones from wolf creek? I'd love to have a set of triples and would like to build up an L28 possibly to 3.1L in the future. I drive the car daily. All advice appreciated! Quote
Glen Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 if your going 3.1 you would really want 45's Quote
Cdr Zero Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 Hmmm, fuel would be a bit crazy but I guess if you want performance you have to pay the price. Thanks mate. Quote
Toecutter Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 If your concerned about fuel and it's a daily you might find you'll be running 16 or 17L per 100km with 3.1L on tripple 44's as I'm getting around 14L/100km on a L28 with 40's but not conerned as it's not a daily driver. Sulio Quote
reverendzed Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 As someone running triple Mikuni's and beginning to get somewhat of a handle on them, I would suggest that if you were looking to race more than street then go with 44's but 40's will still dump plenty of fuel to a 3.1 and remain both streetable and trackwise. Rev. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted November 12, 2008 Moderators Posted November 12, 2008 I think if you are going to do any sort of track work or build a bottom end capable of turning around 7-9000 rpm with a huge cam, then yes, chase up a set of 44-50mm carbs.. Around town or just for the "red light racing" 40mm will be just fine. Six throats versus two, six will always be better Quote
Glen Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 Just a quick question working out flow rates of 40's and 45's. First whats the formula for working out the flow rate of 40mm carbs, and secondly how many variables are there in getting the correct flow rate. cheers glen Quote
luvemfast Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 To get in before the others. How long is a piece of string? Quote
Glen Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 To get in before the others. How long is a piece of string? That many variables huh, i thought it might be. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted November 13, 2008 Moderators Posted November 13, 2008 I remember finding a formula for working out CFM's for carbies....When I had my 40mm Dellorto's it worked out to around 1200 CFM! Sounds about right when you compare a Holley 1050 Dominator carb with only four huge throats compared to 6 40mm. I'm not sure if that was including the chokes though... Quote
Glen Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 i found out that running the motor @ 90% efficiency and reving to 6500rpm the motor would require 473.958 CFM. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.