Japanese project to remanufacture L-series heads

Huw

Hi

All in Japanese but may be of interest to some.

There is also a write up in one of the Japanese magazines (I think it was Nostalgic Speed [Edit - it was - Vol 29 (Nostalgic SPEED vol.029 2021年8月号 | 芸文社カタログサイト (geibunsha.co.jp))).

A group of 3 or so shops collaborating to remake L-series heads with a more modern design and manufacture.

http://www.pams-japan.com/30cafe/project.php

[Edit - they have youtube updates on the project - here is one; there is also one for the first test race at Motegi]

Looks like they hope to manufacture and sell this year. They are currently testing the prototype.

It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Huw

Edited by Huw

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting with baited breath - they had planned to announce the price / variants at a car show in Japan today - pulled out due to covid but I assume the price/details will still be published.

Will update with a link once it all goes up.  It will be interesting to see what the specs etc are.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, Huw said:

Waiting with baited breath - they had planned to announce the price / variants at a car show in Japan today - pulled out due to covid but I assume the price/details will still be published.

Will update with a link once it all goes up.  It will be interesting to see what the specs etc are.

Well prices are up with a  spec/explanation in different specs.   Taking orders.

Base model without valve / guides in.

Second and third have valves and guides in but differ in material used. 

Says domestic only - don't know if this a permanent state of affairs or just for first batches.   

L6_spec4.pdf

Edited by Huw

• 2 years later...

Some more idle conversation and speculation.

I am assuming some of you saw the recent NISMO twin cam L-series head?

Nissan Develops 240Z DOHC Upgrade Decades After the Car's Retirement (thedrive.com)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3bdk4dpVH2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Most of the commentary seems to suggest it is unlikely to end up readily available and, even if it did, likely to cost a pretty penny.

Interestingly, the team at L6 Head Project also announced that one of their new head projects is a twin-cam head (all in Japanese), amongst other interesting projects.

3 hours ago, C.A.R. said:

Considering how expensive the L6 head from them already is (nearly AUD$10k), I can't expect the TC version to be cost effective either.

Yes, I was expecting it to be in dreams or sell kidney territory.  Still, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I see Les is their distributor in Australia.