Bulk Panel Import Round 2 - May 2018

• Administrators

Hi Gav

Put me down for a pair of front doors, do you need a deposit?

Cheers Dave

As opposed to those rear doors?

Which car? 240z?

Not taking deposits yet. Just need to finalise what panels are wanted / needed first.

• Administrators

Ha Ha ,can i blame a busy day. 240z 1971.Maybe a pair of front seats with runners as well while your at it.

Cheers Dave

Just to clarify do you want early seats with the hand wind down recliner mechanism, or the later ones with the adjuster lever on the bottom part? 71 is a bit of an odd ball transition period for things like this (if memory serves correctly) so not sure which you are searching for?

• Administrators

I can ask him if he has the glass, Topy's will do my best to get matching stamps. If Spellbound doesn't have them, my friend in SFO may (or between the 2 lots we may be able to complete sets).

But 1 shipment at a time.

Thanks mate. The glass is killing me. Warren had an NOS piece years ago and foolishly I did not buy it as I had none of the other glass. Found all the other glass 3 years later, 12 years later still looking for the RH glass.

Moral to the story, I have bought every NOS part I have seen for sale since.

IIRC from your post some time ago, you're looking for the light blue tint version aren't you? Have you confirmed that the USA spec cars had the blue tint?

I know the NZ cars did, but not the Aus-spec cars it seems. I don't know why the blue tint was a ADR no-no, it's so pale it's really little different from the clear which has a slight green tint by default.

Hi Gav

I’m also up for a set of Topy’s for my #63, date stamp circa 10/70 would be best case scenario, but realise I will have to take what I can get.

I’m sure you would also be interested to know that I have just scored a full original blue interior for my car, to be held in storage until I commence a full restoration (need to finish the resto on #501 first)

Cheers

Lee

• Administrators

I'm going to need a complete turret Gav - full A-posts and roof please.

I've got a turret up here in need of some love? If it's of any help, but yes the A posts will be needed.

• Administrators
  • Administrators

Hey Gav any idea how much it would come up to for a drivers side quarter and door slam even if its from a car later then 1970.

Cheers

The internal panel will be the same regardless of year 240z, the outer 1/4 panel can vary but just weld up the circular vent hole if req.

In terms of cost the expensive bit will be the 1/4 panel, I already have a couple of folks interested in rear 1/4's on driver side. The inner section however I am hoping will come with an entire rear cut. But I won't know prices until I present the list of demands to Crow in the US who can then give me a run down on more exact pricing.

• Administrators

Giving this another bump as deadline is approaching :).

I am thinking of importing vertical defrost glass (if available). Anyone else keen?

Giving this another bump as deadline is approaching :).

I am thinking of importing vertical defrost glass (if available). Anyone else keen?

Hi Gav, I would be keen on a very clean horizontal rear screen if such a thing exists. I sent one over from Japan but it was marked in transit due to poor packing.

Cheers,

Aaron

gilltech, on 25 May 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Is the American glass clear or blue tint?

It should be blue.

That's what I thought. So how does that match with the Aus-new cars which mostly have clear AFAIK?

Agreed that the tint is quite pale though.

Edited by gilltech

• Administrators

I am not worried about the tint for my own car(s) and less concerned about marks (again for my own cars).

But I will put you down re: a very clean will no marks glass.