Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 (edited) Hi all, I'm after a flange that would suit the n36 exhaust manifold downpipe. Should look something like this: Thanks! Andrew *EDIT** I am after the actual downpipe and or flange, I have sourced a gasket from an autoparts store Edited January 18, 2016 by Andrew_L26 Quote
C.A.R. Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 Go to your local exhaust shop & buy one off the shelf. Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 Go to your local exhaust shop & buy one off the shelf. I've been to around 6 exhaust shops and none of them have them or anything that would work, I've looked at getting one made and they are around $70 by my local fabrication shop. Quote
blu260z Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 Hey mate I have 1 but your local auto parts shop should be able to get them in Quote
C.A.R. Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 Hey mate I have 1 but your local auto parts shop should be able to get them in This ^ Or fit extractors. Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 Hey mate I have 1 but your local auto parts shop should be able to get them in Yeah I'd be interested as I've asked and they want around 350 for the whole downpipe etc. This ^ Or fit extractors. The car did have extractors which were cracked and to be honest, completely stuffed. I spent alot of time welding them up and ended up warping them. I would get another set however they are quite pricy for a 18 year old on a budget and I managed to get a N36 exhaust manifold off another member for nothing! The main reason for not shelling out for extractors is that as I have an L28 with a P90 head I intend on going cho-cho once I'm off my P-plates and have more experience driving. I'll probably only end up having a fairly low pressure turbo running just a bit more boost then the stock L28ET. Anyway, I'll PM you Mr Blu Thanks all! the list for a RWC is now down to this exhaust and waiting for my front caliper seals to get here! Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 This is the sorta thing I'm after, any length as long as there is a reasonable amount of space to weld the rest of the exhaust on (Not the whole exhaust but just the part that goes into the manifold) Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted January 18, 2016 Moderators Posted January 18, 2016 This is the sorta thing I'm after, any length as long as there is a reasonable amount of space to weld the rest of the exhaust on (Not the whole exhaust but just the part that goes into the manifold) PartsForsale_155.jpg Hi Mate The piece of pipe you chasing is called the Engine Pipe. Must say I am more than a little suprised that you are having trouble finding a new flange plate, it is a reasonably common, albeit older, shape and size. Are you trying custom exhaust guys or just the typical franchise exhaust shops ? Cheers PB Quote
blu260z Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 I don't think Andrew was clear enough with his terminology. I think he is looking for the actual downpipe not a gasket. I could look into making the flange for you but it will be around the $50-$70 mark Andrew_L26 1 Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 Hi Mate The piece of pipe you chasing is called the Engine Pipe. Must say I am more than a little suprised that you are having trouble finding a new flange plate, it is a reasonably common, albeit older, shape and size. Are you trying custom exhaust guys or just the typical franchise exhaust shops ? Cheers PB I've tried about two custom exhaust shops and 3 or four normal exhaust shops such as Mr muffler etc and the franchise say the same thing, "We can order in an engine pipe for you, I'll just look it up' ....*types on computer* 'pwho they're about 350 bucks mate, I'd look at getting one from pick a part " and the custom exhaust shops say "ah it's off a datsun no? haven't seen one in quite a few years. Unfortunately I can't really help you, have you tried wreckers such as pick a part" And no wreckers have any Dattos, just one completely gutted 160 Patrol. I don't think Andrew was clear enough with his terminology. I think he is looking for the actual downpipe not a gasket. I could look into making the flange for you but it will be around the $50-$70 mark That's what my local engineering place quoted me, would you be willing to part with that beautiful downpipe/engine pipe as it is EXACTLY what I need, even down to that nice bend towards the bottom. Thanks for clearing that all up for me Blu Quote
blu260z Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 I will pm you Andrew I am sure we could sort something out Andrew_L26 1 Quote
d3c0y Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 Sorry i'm late to the party: I have an L28 with a P90 head I intend on going cho-cho once I'm off my P-plates gav240z and Andrew_L26 2 Quote
d3c0y Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 (edited) Sorry sorry I mis-read. Do the beans go in the L28, kinda like E85?? Edited January 18, 2016 by d3c0y Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 Sorry i'm late to the party: Oh my god, this is gold! xD Quote
d3c0y Posted January 18, 2016 Posted January 18, 2016 (edited) Thank you kind sir. Now go buy extractors, because they come up for like $100. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ingleburn/engine-engine-parts-transmission/datsun-260z-parts/1099117723 Look brand new for $300: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Datsun-240Z-260Z-6cyl-Petrol-Extractors-Header-/361469188310?hash=item54293e18d6:m:myKca5ubK338EoGoRrpMZIA Edited January 18, 2016 by d3c0y Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 18, 2016 Author Posted January 18, 2016 "1x extractors 6-2-1 (can sell with exhaust or by them self) $400" and I'm a pleb 18 year old who is too poor to spend money on extractors, if I find a cheap set I'll get them but until then Mr Blu has me covered Quote
d3c0y Posted January 19, 2016 Posted January 19, 2016 Probably be negotiable if you show him you can buy brand new ones for $300... Andrew_L26 1 Quote
dat2kman Posted January 19, 2016 Posted January 19, 2016 Got one here, have to cut it ff the whole system, can pack and pist. It runs into a 2 & 1/4" pipe Let me knw what length you want, go longer, and jst trim it back, so it nicely mates to your remaining system. Quote
C.A.R. Posted January 19, 2016 Posted January 19, 2016 I've found one in my clutter as well Andrew - you can have it if you pick it up. Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted January 21, 2016 Author Posted January 21, 2016 I've found one in my clutter as well Andrew - you can have it if you pick it up. I'v actually already purchased one off Mr Blue260. Thanks anyway Lurch Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.