Jump to content

Fairlady Z (260Z) Foot Rest, Replacement Rubber / Grip?


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have suggestions on where I can get replacement rubber grip for a Fairlady Z foot rest?

 

This is what I'm talking about.

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/original-style-foot-rest-for-jdm-fairlady-z-and-roadster-sp-sr

 

The rubber ribbed piece that sits along the top edge of the tubing. Mine is missing the rubber and I went to Clarke Rubber but they didn't have anything really suitable. So I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any ideas?

 

Originalfootrest2.JPG

  • Moderators
Posted

I had a look for this when cleaning up my interior.

Couldn't find anything , I didn't look that hard, so just sanded it back then painted it satin black.

 

If you find anything that looks the part, I would be in for a length as well.

 

Cheers

 

PB

Posted

I think I got mine from clarke rubber it was on a roll exactly the same, I have used it on my motorcycle foot rest boards and the foot bar in the z

  • Administrators
Posted

This once cut to size wrapped and glued should replicate what you are after

 

http://www.bunnings.com.au/ideal-rubber-sbr-fine-rib-1mt-wide_p6611081

Thanks mate, I considered that option of buying flat material and wrapping / glueing it, but wasn't sure how durable the glue would be. Any suggestions on a type of adhesive that would work?

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Thanks mate, I considered that option of buying flat material and wrapping / glueing it, but wasn't sure how durable the glue would be. Any suggestions on a type of adhesive that would work?

Hi Gav

 

I reckon contact adheasive should do it, so long as the join as placed so as not to get heavy traffic.

Will be holding it in place to dry with either cable ties or masking tape.

That is what I will be trying anyway.

 

Cheers

 

PB

Edited by PB260Z

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...