thriller Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Hey all, Been a while coming, but I better get off my arse and get around to doing it. After the latest new(old) toy and moving out of parent's house, I've gotta clear out some space. Realistically, I'm not going to find the time to do this properly for at least another 5 or 10 years. Nowhere to store it in the mean-time either. This is the kinda car that needs someone who has a) deeper pockets than me or b) can afford to spend an hour or two a night for quite a while to finish it. The shell currently has dibs until a decision has been made by that person, but opening up for interest's sake + everything else. Oh, also have a bolt-on towbar for a 2-seater Z (from a 260z). Mounts by bolting onto the two rear bumper mounts (same as rotisserie mounts), and one bolt that goes through one of the horizontal bars on the rear subframe (that connects the two control arms). Bits: *1971 240z shell. Very rusty middle section, front and rear is fairly standard 240z stuff though. Wanting to sell as a donor i.e. cut up for parts, or buyer takes everything *All hanging panels, a spare roof patch, 2x spare battery trays, 2x '77 floors, spare wheel well *Fiberglass front nose-cones (might keep) *All rolling gear for a 240z. Diff, struts, arms, blah blah blah *Early flange gearbox + drive shaft (I may consider keeping these though). *240z tail lights + surrounds *Seats (need recovering and re-stuffing) *Dashboard and all instruments *Various interior plastics, some cracked and some OK. *Radiator, etc *1/4 windows *Vented hatch I have most of the 'early' parts as well, however I'll either be keeping them, or if someone wants everything, those bits can be negotiated too (metal fan, choke/throttle center-console, D-hubcaps, etc). Don't really have any prices in mind, whatever is fair is fair. Wanting the shell accounted for before splitting out the rest of the parts though. Full high-res photos of the shell are at: If interested in anything, PM or send me an e-mail at ryankennedys30@gmail.com Cheers, Ryan Quote
mossy Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Hi Ryan how much for the front and rear struts. Quote
cracker Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Interested in interior plastics, will email you. Cheers James Quote
zzzzed Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 I see that shell as a challenge. Let me know if no one takes it. I would love to have a go at fixing it. Quote
DreamZproject Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Interest notification for doors. What are their condition? Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted September 29, 2014 Administrators Posted September 29, 2014 *Various interior plastics, some cracked and some OK. *Vented hatch I have most of the 'early' parts as well, however I'll either be keeping them, or if someone wants everything, those bits can be negotiated too (metal fan, choke/throttle center-console, D-hubcaps, etc). If interested in anything, PM or send me an e-mail at ryankennedys30@gmail.com Hi mate, I'll send a PM about these... Quote
hardsurvival Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 interested in roof patch how much Quote
zedevan Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 I'd be keen to grab the front passenger side fender assuming there's not much rust in it Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.