Valiant 265 Hemi in a 240z

Toecutter

I think I know the one you are refering to Sulio, I have a couple of  mags with articles about a guy putting a hemi in a zed. One was the straight Hemi and another with the same car different hemi but boosted from memory.  If you are interested I can post up pdfs.

There was a black 260z I saw for sales around 10 years ago it a yard on the corner of Springvale and Dandenong Rd (the big spaghetti junction) .

The 260 was fitted with a 265 hemi and the sticker price was $45000 !!

Needless to say it sat there for months before the car yard went broke......not sure what happened to the car

$45,000...wow, alot of money for a Z these days let alone 10 years ago.

I think I know the one you are refering to Sulio, I have a couple of  mags with articles about a guy putting a hemi in a zed. One was the straight Hemi and another with the same car different hemi but boosted from memory.  If you are interested I can post up pdfs.

Sounds like the one Dale. I hear those old 265 hemi's were one hell of a motor.

Sulio

• Moderators

I remember years ago seeing a white 260 2+2 with collapsed suspension springs (must have cut them with an oxy and heated them too much!) Car was at Z factory for a quote on body work? It had a Hemi slant six with a holley.

The black zed in question had a turbo Hemi 265, it was owned by Harry Kojima.

He raced it in Targa Tassie and had a off damaging the front of the car, at the time he couldn't find a G-nose to replace the smashed one so he took a copy of mine.

The last I heard of Harry he had a ex Haddad drag 260Z(tubbed big 9" diff full cage)

and put a Gibson RB26 on methanol in it.

cheers,

Sinisha   

I have to ask why?? Especially as I own both a Z and a Charger.

The 265 is a good motor, but for high power applications is an expensive motor to build with some pretty bad weak points, cam float and oil pump drives being the main ones.

The hemi is a pretty expensive motor to get reliable horse power out of, I changed plans for my Charger when I looked at the cost of building a reliable race hemi to get about 350Hp at the wheels, anything up to $20K to make sure it wouldn't go bang first time out  :o

The good old L series is also a bit lighter and is built better from the factory thanks to better tolerances that the Japanese could do compared to the factory in Tonsley Park, no disrespect to the guys at Chrysler as the Hemi was by far the best motor developed in Australia for production cars, especially for the time.

• 7 years later...
  • Administrators

Well sometimes the question doesn't have an immediate answer, but all these years later it looks like the Black 240z with the Hemi has shown up in Japan.

https://www.facebook.com/708176415926972/photos/a.803449033066376.1073741861.708176415926972/1073595836051693/?type=3&theater

14212038_1073595836051693_5343597456734588235_n.jpg

• Administrators

http://car.kapook.com/view58903.html

Harry's car now has an RB26.

Google Translate as the original article is in Thai.

FAIRLADY Z HS30 MADE BY AVO / MOTEC JAPAN RB26DETT expand a 2.7-liter 620 horsepower (Thaidriver ).

The customized Evora -AVO with Mo Tech -MOTEC the unit's customizable brand. Creative retro car, the legendary "Nissan Z-car's 30" with many customization points. The added strength of the unit's Motion M-Tech 800 is a car that is sent from Australia to Japan to customize. The current car is invaluable and extremely rare.

Detail Overall it was perfectly preserved. But the cabin is packed with advanced technology gods "Mr. Koichi Fukushima," the owner said. Everything is full of memories. He started to tune the car before the court, entitled "Evora" in Australia.

My Fair Lady Z's 30 units have a nickname in Australia HARRY KOJIMA a car that most prized of Mr. Koichi Fukushima tuning of Evora. Car tuning enthusiasts, but many other devices of the vehicle deteriorates with age. Change or adjust to life again. Body is still reminiscent of the old days of classic cars from the factory to the engine block, L 6-cylinder and six-cylinder 4.3-liter engine has been switched from CHRYSLER Charger with fuel injection systems. Rallies and worked TARGA TASMANIA has plenty of experience. Koichi Fukushima, you never forget. And once in the columns of car magazines in Australia. Well-known at that time. The latest car is being transported to Japan. You Kojima deposited with acquaintances. This helps maintain a good car And customizable add freshness to come back again.

External constant charm in classic style. Combining new technologies present in the pattern of a speeding car. The concept of tuning Evora. By installing a rear spoiler add to the brutal and violent. (Much like a Ferrari) and Alloy anniversary special edition. This combination gives the car a sportier look and a classic combination. Making a comeback, as precious as ever again. The power of the original has been replaced with a new block RB 26 great ETT. Add a cylinder capacity of 2.7 liters, according to the formula of the GT - R. The Racer's Group In a race that Australia has 620 hp power control systems with the unit's Racing - Motion Tech. M-32 and PD control system.

Packed with optional safety and comfort of the air-automatic, power steering, brakes and set with ABS lifting from the Subaru Performance Impact Stresa, G B, P, M units are. optional accessories from Motion Tech And remove all relays To make the power system more easily controlled. Power steering modified Mazda MX-5 with the oil pressure. Help drive applications easier. Only the steering wheel gently turn it easily. Interior extra measure of quality. Lets examine the operation of the engine at any time. And collect data to analyze problems and meter timer with 0-402 by the interaction between the EC and the log data via CAN.

You've Kojima explains refinement ... that would supplement nitrous. In the future we may see this car again with this superior technology.

AVOEVOQ_01.jpg

AVOEVOQ_02.jpg

AVOEVOQ_03.jpg

AVOEVOQ_04.jpg

AVOEVOQ_08.jpg

AVOEVOQ_09.jpg

AVOEVOQ_10.jpg

AVOEVOQ_12.jpg

EVOQAVO_01.jpg

EVOQAVO_02.jpg

• Administrators

A couple more photos from the article above.

Untitled1_2.jpg

And this image is from the leader page of the original Hemi conversion article. Which is now a broken link above.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 11.11.49 PM.png

h03_1_2.jpg

h03_1_3.jpg

h03_2.jpg

• 1 year later...

I thought the 265 in a 240 was rare, but maybe not seeing the thread here. I have another to add.

Summer of 1994 in Sydney's western suburbs at St Clair  I stopped at the local shops in my own 240Z and was pleasantly surprised when this guy pulls up and parks next to me in a 240z it sounded sensational. 240z 265 hemi with a massive four barrel Holley coupled to 4 speed Chrysler gearbox. The body had flat black paint outer black interior with half cage. G nose copy and wheels under standard guards with no flares and no bob tail spoiler. My injected L28 was my new pride and joy at the time, definitely a different class to the Hemi. I only saw the Hemi 265 240Z once and never since maybe someone else has seen that one. The memory is of the modification and the note it made. I must say it was very impressive when it pulled out onto the road and departed what acceleration. WOW

Cheers

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...