Wanted - Roll Cage

Cozza

Hi Guys, I’m looking for a roll cage for my ‘72 240z. I’m interested in both full and half cages. Please let me know if you have something you no longer need or want.

I’m in Sydney but happy to pay postage for the right cage.

Thanks in advance

Mick

Hi Geoff

Your video was part of my inspiration to cage but, whilst I can weld, I am far from confidant to weld my own cage.

I really enjoy your videos and appreciate that it is all your work. And, good work at that.

No cages lying about that need a new home people?

Cheers

Mick

If you ever intend to logbook the cage / car and do buy second hand, make sure you know or can prove what material / tube size / etc the 2nd hand cage is. You will need to state this on the rollcage certification form that goes to CAMS. I know a few guys who have had issues with 2nd hand cages.

Brendan from Premier Exhaust as mentioned above supplied the cage in my 1600 (as a pile of bent bits of tube, I installed and welded it up myself) - great guy to deal with and owns a really nice zed himself.

Thanks Dave, that’s good info.

I spoke with Premier Exhaust who seem very knowledgeable. They only do weld in cages for the S30, they say the body is so small it is too hard to get a bolt in cage fit around the pedal area.

I will keep looking.

Thanks all.

Thanks Dave, that’s good info.

I spoke with Premier Exhaust who seem very knowledgeable. They only do weld in cages for the S30, they say the body is so small it is too hard to get a bolt in cage fit around the pedal area.

I will keep looking.

Thanks all.

The big issue I have found, is if you mount the main hoop on the floor, and keep the lean rearwards to less than 10 degrees, you can't fit a large driver. There just isn't the room. You can get a bit more if you notch into the wheel arches, bit it is a very tight fit. Interestingly, the 911 is a smaller car, but there is heaps more room for the cage.

Hi Jeff (got it right that time, sorry)

Yes I remember you mentioning the driver size issues in your video. I should wait for your next instalment but, have you got up to the front legs yet? Will you tuck it behind the dash and trim the dash accordingly? Also, what will you do to maintain use of the sun visors?

Have you discussed your cage with your engineer yet? Any specific requirements from them?

• 8 months later...

Has anyone had any dealings with or even heard anything about these cages:

http://www.agi-precision.com.au/product/a-datsun-240z-4pt-half-cage/

I'm just looking for something to stiffen the shell a little to cope with torque twist?  ;)

Or do I need this one:

http://www.agi-precision.com.au/product/b-datsun-240z-6pt-full-cage-bolt-in/

and can I get this 6 point cage road reg?  Is it only bars that cross the door that prevent road reg?

Edited by MaygZ

I have the AGI 6 point bolt in cage. It is a very neat fit and finish, with consistent gap widths throughout. Considering they used my car as the template, I thought they did an incredible job.

The boys there are professionals and treat the customers very well. I highly recommend their service. 

The only thing I had fitted which I don’t find useful are the harness eye bolts. I find the harness bar is too close to the seat to fit the clip and adjusting buckle in. I ended up wrapping the harness round the harness bar instead. I’m sure this would depend on your body size and seat position though.

im happy to post some pics if you like or drop me a pm if you want to know more.

The car has stiffened up significantly which was what I was looking for, as well as the added safety benefits.

with regards to legality, I recommend you contact your engineer. from what I understand, no bars in front of the driver. So no front legs or cross bars etc. allowed for registered cars.

cheers

mick