Drive day

Gordo

Ok you want drive days. This is organised by some oldish guys who meet every Sunday at the Burvale Hotel corner of Springvale Rd and Burwood Hwy every Sunday morning at 7.30 am. It covers the outer eastern towns from Kinglake  Toolangi , Healsville, Mt Donna Buang to Emerald etc. different drive each week. Last week they had seven cars,mainly classic MGs, Westfeilds and MX5s. I asked if a few of us could tag along. And his response was , yer but can you drive, like really drive. So they must be a serious group. Unfortunately my bike riding day is Sundays. ( this is when I saw them) But if any one is interested let the forum no and I will see what I can do. And if this thread is quiet there is no hope of getting a so called drive Club up and running.

That would be Escape Motoring.

http://www.escapemotoring.com.au

They have a focus on old cars, driving and ogling at engines. No BS, no politics, no complaining about the club colours.

They're not marque specific and every time I've been with them they've been a good bunch.

There's no Historic registration process with them, but if you want that, I'd just join another club.

Rather than worry about H plates etc, we might as well just organise a drive. When my car is back up and motoring I'd be happy to help.

I bet if you approached the NDSOC with the same premise of "I want to organise a drive", they'd be pretty interested. I can't speak for them though.

It is not Escapemotoring, these guys are not a club, far from it. They fly under the radar word of mouth sort of stuff.

Simon, most of the time they end up at Healsville Bakery or the Emerald Bakery about10.00 am, so you still get home in time to do stuff, if we get a few guys in for a nominated Sunday I will be there!,