Jump to content

DatPilot

Members
  • Posts

    344
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by DatPilot

  1. DatPilot

    L28T build

    Very interesting intake manifold too! Looks similar to a chopped up RB intake??
  2. What Suburb mate? Do you have eng hoist on-site?
  3. FYI Dan has pulled out, he now is saving for a head job (head gasket blown due to hole in radiator)
  4. I have one available, has been scubbed clean and has been treated externally with VHT high temp paint. Send me a pm and we can exchange details. Have pics available. Current location Brisbane.
  5. What about the stages of Targa Tasmania! (nearly overseas) Where I learnt to drive! (and not to drive haha) Theres a road through some National Park south of Syd which is fairly epic too
  6. Whoa! They look ressurectable (I think thats a word?) Media blasting of somesort (could acid dip but that may take too much metal off...) I let Dan know and get back to you.
  7. Id like to tag along, spectating (drooling) only though. The thing is the Canberra 'shannions marques in the park" is on the same day, and I kinda have to go to that too! Will see what happens, rather go to AJD...
  8. Younger bro is in Brissy, needing some extractors for the R30. Just putting the word out there if anyone has a set they dont need. I mistakenly sold my set for $50, Genie, from a Patrol. didnt need too mych fiddlign to make them fit. Dang.....
  9. http://www.alljapanday.com.au/ Heads up!
  10. Cheers for that fellas, But are they Stainless? Ive been told not to use stainless by quite a few workshops...
  11. My brother is bolting turbo goodies onto his L24e R30 Skyline, Wondering what exhaust fanimold studs to use? I suggested NOT to use stainless, as they seem to 'corrode-chemiweld' into the alloy head. Have seen copper washers and nuts. Are they of any benefit (especially if needing to remove at some time in the future?) Also wondering what you all use for a sealant, I have seen a few different high-temp rated ones, but unsure of what works....
  12. I must say the US ebay ones are actually really good prices, some even offer free shipping too! I kinda thought to justify the extra $100 its almost like a 'warranty', if it craps itself or something breaks, you can call the aussie fella and tell him all about it and all that jazz. If it was in the USA, it would be a pretty long drawn out process.
  13. Hey Dingo are you available for house visits? I have a few scruffy bits that need some professional attention. (or at least someone who knows what theyre doing)
  14. I got my injectors from the US, 270cc '280zxt/Z31t/RB30et' units, about $300 new, set of 6. drinjectoronline or something like that
  15. How about supporting our Australian businesses? http://wbo2.com/default.htm "....Tech Edge develops software and hardware solutions! In particular, we design, manufacture & sell wideband oxygen sensing equipment and host the WBO2.COM web site. We've been around for around 25 years, and have contracted our services to small, large, local & multinational organisations. In the last 5 years we have concentrated on the WBO2 range...." particularly: http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm
  16. I have few L24e Rocker covers here in Canberra. Free if you pay postage?
  17. ARGH! If only my mate in Melbourne didnt go on holiday I could have got him to pick it up! Im building a 2nd L20et, yours would give me a great head start!
  18. Do you want to sell the fuel rail?!?
  19. Can you supply a part/item number? I have a few rods hsds that take 9mm rod bolts (ealry L20et)
  20. Can anyone please provide an explanation as to what an adjustable cam gear does (and if it has any place on a stock-cammed L6...) Just incase a newbie reads this and wonders what to do!
  21. I know its a long shot, But can pistons be replaced with the engine still in the car??? I have very limited room, and no access to an engine crane or stand.... I am thinking to see if some less-dished (or flat-tops) can be slotted in (fresh rings etc) Plus a mod to the link pin to make it free-floating
  22. Man Ive snapped so many easyouts its not funny.... Your very lucky! My last snappage was in my old car, snapped a rocker cover bolt in the head. Tried drilling it with a tungsten carbide (i think) drill bit, ended up drilling fine but my P.O.S. drill is off balance and then snapped the drill bit in the bolt.... I gave up. Thought it was cheaper to get a new head than to get the bolt repair dude out ($200 to fix)
  23. Ive still got my Giant Sendona bought new in 1995.... has traversed many 100's og km across aus.
  24. I still havent been able to get through to him, but have run out of work and money so its just as well....
  25. OK I think Ive figured out photo inserting via photobucket. Pics showing areas needing attention (rust? corrosion?)
×
×
  • Create New...