Jump to content

DatPilot

Members
  • Posts

    344
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by DatPilot

  1. Well this one was very cheap, the tow cost more! its not in the best nic, needs alot of luvin. interior is shabby, red paint has oxidized too, looks like powdery pink. Looks wise, yes they arent pretty, but not much was in the 80's, its retro cool cruisy-ness for me! Friggin thing wonts start, just buzzes from the 'fuseable links'. I havent spent much time fiddling yet
  2. Why would you be speaking to a girl about DIY head work in your garage?.... oh i see!
  3. There is a very well balanced BMW one that alot of race L28's use, you need the key re-machined or something to suit. I never found out which BMW it was though!
  4. Very good Tip there, cheers! I was thinking of ways to join the gasket material, and just coudnt really figure it out.
  5. Have the slab on a very slight slope so you can pressure wash it down with the karcher every once in a while and all the water will flow away. (plus a garden hose connection inside) my garage floods every time it rains due to poor drainage, Ive lost $1000's on power tools. everything is hanging up on the walls now though! Some extraction fans, for getting rid of dust when sanding or whatever Speakers and amp (ebay or tip-shop)! for tuning to JJJ/sports on saturdays, plus an intercom hooked up to it so the wife can tell you you dinner is ready/mums on the fone/turn off that angle grinder. (i wish they'd stop yelling across the neighborhood like they do) Webcam up in the corner, for security, and filming other stuff (like first startup of the car etc) Fire protection, foam extinguisher and fire blanket Backup power supply for lighting (12v car battery with wall mounted LED lights from camping shop or old fog lights), believe me there's nothing worse than a blackout while working on the car.
  6. DatPilot

    RB30 question??

    look for the R31 club forum, they sell RB30 turbo parts all day long. My mate had a N/A with good bolt-ons, we got 190Kw first dyno tune. the key part is to get a 'darkhalf' remapped ecu from adelaide, its made to suit the VL turbo (280cc hose tail) injectors
  7. I like it! First i have read it too. What kind of dollars???
  8. I did a hot adjust the other week (on my L24e in the R30 Skyline), but had only 15 min of light left, so I only did the first 4 valves I tell ya what i got INSTANT power increase. amazing what a difference it makes! Just dont overtighten the rocker cover bolts and snap one like I have done... ( I then snapped a drill bit in the bolt trying to make a hole in it for the bolt remover. FAIL... man i got mad. its fully buggered) One quick question, what do you all use to re-seal the rocker cover on? I cant find the gasket (well not local enough) and have been using gooey gasket sealant stuff. Is there a sheet of gasket paper long enough? or a reccomended sealant?
  9. Well im willing to pay $50 for whoever can get me an auto valve budy from auto with overdrive. saves me time off the road while i 'fix; mine.
  10. I'd be interested in the Valve body assembly. $50 plus plus postage to 2600 (canberra)
  11. Is this getting done for the rear hatch? I think i have missed something.
  12. Aus delivered Z31 n/a gets delivered tomorrow morning. Current plans are to keep it on daily driver duties once starter motor is sourced. there is a VG30det in the garage that is getting lonely though... evil plans
  13. willing to sell parts out of the auto?? (valve body?)
  14. GOOGLE / YELLOE PAGES his details and call him??
  15. http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html there will be a factory service manual to suit your model car on this site. The fisrt link i posted is still a ripper document to have though, very good explanations.
  16. Here you go..... http://www.4moores.com/280z/files/280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf save it to your PC as it wont stay online forever, I even printed it and got in bound at work.... (if youre interested send me a pm) It was written to edumacate Datsun mechanics in the mid 1970's to help teach EFI. Be warned though, its for 1975, alot was changed each year, so use it as a guide only. (like what component does what etc)
  17. Aftermarket ECU is the only way. The standard one wont work past 100kW (bosch L-Jetronic is so basic its not funny, a calculator has more brains that it!) Microtech LT-4 /MT-4 as a piggyback controlling your injectors will be the cheapest option for 150kW, but wont control timing. (will have to lock the dissy so it wont advance on boost.... bad) If you have the cash, an australian company called adaptronic make an EXCELLENT unit, fully programmable, about $950 to purchase, and $300 or so on the dyno
  18. Call up Kelford Cams in NZ, they make some ripper turbo cams for the L series, and are billet blanks, not dodgey bro regrinds. Free shipping to Aus too. Although this all depends on how serious you are, and how much research you do....
  19. I have seen them go for $200 in Melbourne, and that was un-tested. L28e seems to go for $500 or so. Possible Between $250 to $500, depending on km and condition etc. Why not get the EFI and turbo gear onto the L26 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Heaps simpler! Plus no need to worry about changing the engine number!
  20. Any pics available??? Sounds just like a project Im thinking of undertaking.... although I have 2x spare VG30det's in the garage!
  21. Send me your number fella!
  22. Cheers for the replies gents, pm's sent
  23. + what he said oooohhhhh so tempting....... any idea on the compression ratio? what cam is in it?
  24. Hey Dingo, Im in Canberra too, keen for this turbo manifold (I have found cracks all through the one I was going to use) What suburb you in? pm me you number if you want.
  25. Couldnt you modify an existing rocker cover? (machine off the letters, then weld on some new ones cut by waterjet or dremel???) If you need a CAD file I can arrange it (master Cad monkaey for last 10 years) Excellent thread too, congratulations on the car aswell! Can I ask what version Wolf 3d it is running? I have purchased a v4 plus, but need a base map on it to run my L24e (then turbo in the future)
×
×
  • Create New...