Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Apparently, the rough surface is supposed to help turbulence in the airflow to help atomise the fuel so it burns more efficently. If you have EFI, you can polish as the fuel is already atomised better than what a carb can do. One thing you want to avoid is fuel condensing on the intake manifold walls..
  2. Hmm...we may have to start handing out numbers like a Safeway Deli...
  3. I believe that's the same Z in that youtube video in that American Datsun museum with those two old guys yapping on about the "432 cubic inch" six under the bonnet...Wish they were interviewing the actual OWNER not some guy that just knows old American cars...Lovely zed tho!
  4. Keeping it on LPG? hehehe..I hope that's what that red label is on the reg plate! Seen one restored in silver a while ago.. Looked unbelievable!
  5. Yeah Wax, I have a Redline manifold..already started to mount the TB's on it..DId you want to trade it in for a discount? hmmm
  6. Did you want the engine without the manifold? Or do you mean without all the EFI? In the auction the throttle bodies don't come with it anyway...just the long motor with exhaust manifold and inlet manifold.
  7. Took a pic of my shifter while its out of the car and gearbox, sorry I cant take a pic of it while it's in the car....gearbox isn't in yet! Hope it helps..
  8. Yes, I think stronger and better ratio's. Just bend the shifter and all should be fine. I can take a pic of mine while it's out to show you if you want...
  9. "A" is the correct way for mounting, because of that indicator being a reflector as well, it won't work being on an angle as in "B". It has to be at 90' at traffic approaching you (as in a T intersection). People mount it the other way I think for lower wind resistance...may affect it by approx .0000000001 %
  10. If you want to rectify it, only way is to find a original 240 trans and install...only other easier way (and what I have done) is use an oxy torch and bend your shifter to suit. Reason is the 240 trans is longer in the rear section where the shifter is.
  11. If you want an electric fuel pump, forum member "Mr Green" has a 260Z elec fuel pump for sale. He lives in Mt Waverley so it should be easy to get. That should bolt in and solve that issue if you want to go that way. Check in the Classifieds section.
  12. Spotted a L28 at Center Rd wreckers in a 280C. I'm sure it's a N42/N42 but could be a F54 bottom end; can't remember. Trick there is to remove the head and buy it, then buy the block afterwards. Works out alot cheaper. It's a good idea to strip and check it just to make sure it's fine for use. Did that once before
  13. I can probably get some zinc grub screws to fit. Are they M8 or M10? M8 seems to be yelling out to me... Let me know if you need them.
  14. Thanks and it always is! Another thing I've been thinking about is applying the same paint/decal scheme of those early EA rally zeds to mine. Not sure how many people have done it here in Aust but I would like to try it!
  15. I've been running the manifold that came with the RB25 when I bought it. There are R32's that came with 2.5's. Just standard GTS' I'm sure came with the RB25. I checked with a head that Ash has which is a VVT head (off a R33) and that had only 13 bolt holes where mine has 14. Water jackets didn't match and had a few clearance issues. Now the manifold comes with the engine!
  16. Bruce..do you have a pic? It will make it easier..or if you are nearby...drop in..
  17. Dammit...I need one of those things... feel like crap everytime I lay underneath a car for too long.
  18. Did Sulio have something in mind before he flees for Europe? If we have to we should hide his passport.
  19. Too low for harness mounts; they are not allowed to be on that much of an angle. Strut brace across the rear towers is the only option. Towing with a zed must be common...always see a 260 2+2 with a trailer around Murrumbeena train crossing...poor zed!
  20. Probably too short notice but would've been good for a meet. I can do my best to make it.. Have you got a time and place? Pref not in the city center but if it can't be helped...
  21. Alan, a quick question to ask about something that I've been thinking about ever since I've read a UK book called "Tuning Datsun's". Unless I have it wrong but written in the book about the "Janspeed" 240Z, the author thinks it once was one of the works rally cars modified to run on the circuit. There are a couple of videos of it on youtube. Do you know much about it's history?
  22. For the tacho, connections are on the coil. Don't forget the tacho's on zeds are "+"ve triggered. Check all the spade connectors and make sure they are firmly on. I've seen connectors that look fine but were broken internally!
  23. Reason I don't want to separate is because after I remove the head, I'll have a short block that no one wants to but for any reason and end up throwing it out.. For the zed now I'm building a healthy L24 with the same EFI to go back in. It's a matching number engine so that's more of a reason to install. Plus once this goes back in...I'm over any more conversions...time and money is running out!
  24. If you are really keen, I can place it on a pallet and courier it to you at a reasonable fee. Should be around $70 ? I need it gone so I can finish my 240!
  25. Not sure, but the original tailshaft from my zed fit into this gearbox with the only mod being the removal of that dust shield (ground off 2 spot welds). Also, as a bonus... comes with a flywheel!!
×
×
  • Create New...