Luni260z Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 I have a 260 2+2. I bought myself an extinguisher on the weekend (1kg), just curious where people have or would like to fit them? I was thinking in the same spot as the jack (but on the other side)? What do you recommend? Quote
benny Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 i had mine mounted in front of the passenger seat so it was easy to grab if needed. Quote
1600dave Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 What's the purpose of the extinguisher ? (Yeah, I know - to put out fires....) Reason I ask is that if you're fitting it for racing purposes (ie to satisfy CAMS requirements for track days, etc), then the CAMS manual is quite specific as to where / how it should be mounted. Otherwise, you can put it wherever you like . Personally, I'd put it within reach of the driver (eg as Benny suggests), in case you are stuck in a burning car, eor something similar - nice to know you can grab it while still buckled into the driver's seat. Quote
luvemfast Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Yep, as above. Mine is in front of the drivers seat, under my legs. I can reach it even with the harness on! Quote
Luni260z Posted November 28, 2012 Author Posted November 28, 2012 What's the purpose of the extinguisher ? (Yeah, I know - to put out fires....) I had an engine fire a few years ago. A guy in a datsun 1200 stopped and put it out. I was walking around some auto store on the weekend when I spotted the extinguisher and remembered his sage advice "If you own a datsun, own an extinguisher". So I just figured it'd be good to have. Where I was thinking of putting it in front of the rear seat, but on the passenger side (one, because its easy to reach there, and two, the other side has a spot for my jack). I"ll have a look through Benny's pics and see if I can find where it goes. I really want it somewhere handy, but not in the way. And somewhere that it doesn't look horribly out of place. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted November 28, 2012 Moderators Posted November 28, 2012 Mines at my feet; easy to reach on your own.. Sometimes its not your car that will be on fire.. you could save someone else's pride and joy. Quote
. Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Where should you mount a fire extinguisher? In private of course. Quote
Scoota G Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Mine is behind the passenger seat on the upright. Out of seat and easy to reach. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.