Mooa42 Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 Hi All, I have been trawling the site and getting some really great info and participated in a couple of group buys so I thought I should probably give a bit of an intro and some background. First a bit of background before I get to our current Z project. When my wife and I first started going out (early 90’s) she had a 260z 2 seater with a few cosmetic mods. The 260z was her first car and she loved it dearly. At the time we were living in Ballarat and she was driving it to Melbourne every day for work and the poor Z seemed to be getting more maintenance than possible alternatives; it then decided to pop a rod out of the block too. We sourced another motor which she changed with my help, (one of my favourite photos and one of her least favourites:-) Anyway after the new engine the constant tuning and fiddling we decided to sell it and go with something cheaper to run. Our logic failed here as by the time we sold the 260 she had work in town and didn’t need to travel; somehow we ended up with a 1600 project instead. The 1600 got fixed up and registered. Fast forward 15 or so years and we still have the 1600 registered and in the shed but she still laments the loss of the 260z. She always actually preferred the 240z over the 260z so in the usual mad rush to think of something for her birthday I managed to pick up a damaged 240z via ebay a year or so ago to restore for her birthday. The original plan was just to fix the obvious damage get it registered and use it for the odd cruise and the occasional track day. After dropping it at the panel beaters they started work and then they said they had time to do it all if I wanted, so I went with that option, (back to metal of course). Unfortunately their situation changed almost the next day and their quiet period turned hectic with a few crashed rally cars to fix ASAP; the Z got moved to the back of the que. It’s not so bad for me, it gives me more shed space at home and time to contemplate a few options. When I get a chance I will do a build thread but given the calibre of the other threads I’m not sure if it will be worthy. Anyway thanks for all the info on the site, it’s a constant source of knowledge. BTW If anyone knows or recognises her original 260z I’d be interested to know what happened to it and if it's still around. Tony Quote
Scoota G Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 Sort of looks a bit like my 260 when i first bought it in 1997. The 240 is from Geelong area yes? Quote
Mooa42 Posted September 12, 2012 Author Posted September 12, 2012 Sort of looks a bit like my 260 when i first bought it in 1997. The 240 is from Geelong area yes? Yep the 240 was from the Geelong area, in pretty good honest condition apart from the obvious too. I think we sold the 260 in 93 and I think it was an auto. It had retrimmed seats in Grey with red inserts, (not as tacky as it sounds) and was the only one I had seen at that time with the rear bumper removed and front blacked out, (this was before the internet for you young kiddies so you couldn't google to see what others had). I think the guy that brought it lived in Hawthorn. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted September 12, 2012 Moderators Posted September 12, 2012 Welcome to the forums.. and yes, all zeds are worthy of a build thread...no matter how rusty or average they are.. Quote
KatoKid Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 Good to hear from you again Tony! Good luck with the new one! Quote
Mooa42 Posted September 18, 2012 Author Posted September 18, 2012 Good to hear from you again Tony! Good luck with the new one! Thanks David, it has been progressing very, very slowly and I still haven't seen it with the bumpers on either. I wish I was more up to speed with my build and your build before I'd come around because I have gained a lot from your posts and I would have loved to hear the motor fire up. It's good to see it progressing too, like many others I can't wait to see and hear yours on the road. Tony Quote
reverendzed Posted September 18, 2012 Posted September 18, 2012 Look forward to see how it takes shape and yes, it is worthy of a build thread and yes, we all regret our Zed sales at some point....I know all about it! Rev. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted September 18, 2012 Administrators Posted September 18, 2012 Awesome I'd love to know where this 260z ended up, hope she's still doing the rounds somewhere and making someone happy. The photo of your wife made me laugh. I'm sure she can't wait to drive the 240z again, until she actually drives it and remembers all those fumes haha. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.