tir31 Posted August 19, 2012 Posted August 19, 2012 forsale ipswich Qld 0400 328786 complete set of r34 gtt brakes 4x rotors, 4x calipers, fronts are the 310mm vgc $550 jon. Quote
53-681 Posted September 2, 2012 Posted September 2, 2012 Does anybody know what is required to fit these into a 260?? Quote
Agno Posted September 2, 2012 Posted September 2, 2012 custom caliper mounts/dogbone brackets for the brakes and someone would have to browse the DBA catalogue for a suitable rotor Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted September 2, 2012 Moderators Posted September 2, 2012 I'm about to install the same calipers on my zed but with a different disc; a modified Mitsu 3000GT disc made into a 2 piece with an alloy hat. I can trace the bracket onto a bit of cardboard if needed but with the disc, you can try those but you would have to mill out the center of the disc and re drill to suit the PCD of the hub from the zed. If the disc hat is pretty low, that may help. Quote
KatoKid Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 Dimitri. Do you know if R33 GTST calipers are the same? If so Im keen to look at your dogbone! Quote
RB30X Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 Dimitri. Im keen to look at your dogbone! Excuse me Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted September 3, 2012 Moderators Posted September 3, 2012 Never heard it called that before... but yeah, calipers look the same. Before I install them I can trace them. Whats the best way to do it for an engineering / laser cutting place so they can make copies? Quote
potter260 Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 Best way is to draw it on auto cad and give it to them as a dxf file.... or as a flat pattern like you said and get them to draw it, but it is heaps cheaper to have it drawn first and saved as a dxf. Quote
KatoKid Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 Before I install them I can trace them. Yes please! Best way is to draw it on auto cad and give it to them as a dxf file.... or as a flat pattern like you said and get them to draw it, but it is heaps cheaper to have it drawn first and saved as a dxf. Im happy to work from a drawing first and see if I can find someone to do the auto cad side. Quote
potter260 Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 I can do the auto cad and I also have use of a laser cutter than cuts up to 10mm thick. if i can be of any assistance? just need photos or a drawing/sketch with dimensions Quote
luvemfast Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 I can model it up in Solidworks and create a dxf if its easier Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted September 3, 2012 Moderators Posted September 3, 2012 Jon, I hope we haven't hijacked your thread but I hope you can sell the brakes with the help of this info! Price you are after is very good by the way as the front calipers alone fetch around $300-400 mark. Simon, I can pass on the trace of the bracket if you want. Let me know.. Also, two small spacers have to be machined as well; about 10mm thick with a 12mm center and the plate is around 9-10mm thick. Quote
nat0_240_chevZ Posted September 6, 2012 Posted September 6, 2012 kick it to meeeeee! I already got same brakes which im going to use, also have cad/cam/laser/waterjet available.......hint hint.....haha another hijack....... brakes still for sale??? nat0 Quote
KatoKid Posted September 6, 2012 Posted September 6, 2012 More hijacking....sorry Jon. Maybe we should ask if there is enough interest for a group buy/production run? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.