Sirpent's Parts Clear Out !

Hi Crew,

Yep time to start moving some parts, and to be honest I'm not 100% sure what these will be worth, I have included some pics of the production stamps if that may help with identification.

These are the matching 5 speed box and diff assy out of my 1975 260Z.

They have not been in service since circa 1994 when the car was taken off the road as you all know.

I can say with my hand on my heart that both these units worked faultlessly, no noises, no synchro problems, no diff knocking, whining etc etc etc.

There is a brownish coating on parts of both assy's, this was actually an option product sprayed onto the entire underside of the car by the dealer called "Tru-Coat" which was like a stone guard, it actually comes off with some effort but as you can see did its job, the diff was heavily coated in it, you can still make out traces of the factory black paint (Not oil or grime) under it, the diff still has the original factory universals in it, they were never changed.

I cant tell you what ratio's the box has, simply it was a 75" delivery 2 seater manual, the diff is not and LSD, there are pics of production stamps, also in one pic you can just make out 2 more reference numbers which where "392" and just below it "T22".

The shifter is included with the box but not shown, I can also supply the box with the fly wheel clutch master and slave and tailshaft for those looking to do an auto to manual swap.

I'm open to offers for either item, or both or a complete kit as discussed.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023634554_thumb.jpg

post-1356-14402363456_thumb.jpg

post-1356-144023634565_thumb.jpg

post-1356-14402363457_thumb.jpg

May as well stick these on here also rather than having multiple threads

Break up of refurbishment costs

Second hand Calipers $140

New vented and slotted Rotors $240

Rebuild, Blasting and Kits $200 By Super Stoppers

Powder Coating $ $80

Mods by Lurch approx $100

Total $760.00

Sell the lot for $600.00

post-1356-144023634634_thumb.jpg

PLEASE NOTE !

I mentioned in the last post that the rotors were vented and slotted, in fact they are solids and slotted the fronts which are Peugeot rotors are slotted and vented, my mistake.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Here is a pic taken by Lurch of the raw rear set up when the conversion was done so that there are no issues as to what and how they are mounted.

Cheers

John

post-1356-14402363464_thumb.jpg

May as well stick these on here also rather than having multiple threads

Break up of refurbishment costs

Second hand Calipers $140

New vented and slotted Rotors $240

Rebuild, Blasting and Kits $200 By Super Stoppers

Powder Coating $ $80

Mods by Lurch approx $100

Total $760.00

Sell the lot for $600.00

That's a good kit at an even better price, coming from somone who's done the conversion.

Hey Scoota,

Thanks for substantiating the costs, I have read another post saying they picked up a set of second hand calipers for $40.00 on EBay, but I doubt anyone would seriously take the risk of bolting them on as is and go screaming down the road unless they were clutching their rosary beads.

If you intend doing a mood like this that I know you appreciate has to be done right, then be prepared to spend the dollars also.

Anyhow, cheers and thanks again.

hi, can you give some more details on the brake setup, which reading between the lines is for the rear.

i guess 2 important questions i have is does it have handbrake function and does it fit under stock wheels?

• 2 months later...

Just firing this thread up again, unfortunately seems that a deal with a forum member for all these items fell through so I am putting them up again as a package deal.

Please read the previous posts in this thread regarding the specifics of whats on offer, but in summary

1X 260Z 5 speed box which hasnt been run since 1994

1X 260Z diff believe its an R180 same deal as the box not run since 1994

1X Moustache bar

1X Tailshaft

Set of refurbished skyline calipers, mounts and rotors

Price $1400.00

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023646059_thumb.jpg

post-1356-144023646065_thumb.jpg

post-1356-14402364607_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Its the silly season,

And I have had a 2nd buyer pull out of a deal after 2 months, so its all up for grabs again  :-\

Please look at the previous page, all the items are available individually or as a package deal.

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey John,

Could be interested in gearbox and rear caliper set up.

What would be required to get the rear disc conversion done? Any parts to go? i.e brake lines, caliper bracket etc..?

I know you don't know the ratio but the 260z box, do you know for sure if it was the original unit that came with the engine? 260z 2 seater box's have the good first gear ratio :).

Hey John,

Could be interested in gearbox and rear caliper set up.

What would be required to get the rear disc conversion done? Any parts to go? i.e brake lines, caliper bracket etc..?

I know you don't know the ratio but the 260z box, do you know for sure if it was the original unit that came with the engine? 260z 2 seater box's have the good first gear ratio :).

Hi Gav

The rear callipers come with the modified mount brackets and also modified (New) rotors, check with Lurch who did the conversion, but I believe you would probably need a set of new soft brake hoses and thats about it.

The box is the original unit that came with the car, I've had the car since 83 and the previous owner from 75 never changed it, as is the case with the diff, I am posative about this as new from the dealer, the car was treated with "Tru-Seal" cavity protection and the entire underside of the car was coated with "Tru-Seal" body deadener, as a consequence the mechanicals also got partially coated hence when you look at the pics of the diff and box you can see a brown coating in places which was overspray from the process, this indicates that the diff and the box were part of the original car as they left the dealer.

What can I tell you about the ratio set up of the box / diff ? not much apart from this trivial bit of info, when I used to hit the last set of lights on High street Prahran just before the institue I would take off in 1st take it to about 45 Kph pre red line, then take 2nd all the way to 100 Kph before hitting the anchors and turning into the carpark.

I was 18 and dumb what can I say, but that I remember well as I used to love the note and the webbers sucking down my student pennies in fuel.