Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

My current Z

31675_1360769112308_1623983788_830915_5918961_n.jpg

25193_1346468834810_1623983788_803913_3147275_n.jpg

I'm 19 brizzie kid, The red s130 slick tops my 3rd Z, My 1st 1982 auto s130 white with red interior-Sold due to chassis rust. 2nd 1985 Manual z31-Engine fire, written off. Only just replaced suspension,brakes and was restoring the interior.

 

I consider myself to be abit of a Z enthusiast, My mates are all into lancers, supras, newer skylines and all the riced/molested more modern cars. I can't go past the Z, I hope to buy a s30 2+0 within 5 years or so,

 

My new toy has no rust what so ever, new 2 pack red red paint, interior needs some work as some careless persons just sprayed everything in black, ill re-vinyl the door cards, recover the dash, probably put some z32 leather seats in.

 

Now for the problems lol, Headlights,wipers,horn,hazard lights, left blinker,water pumps for headlight/windshield cleaners dont work. The wiper motor has been replaced (not by myself) it seems to be off a modern car and blows a fuse when connected, Ill track down a new motor from the nissan wreckers, I found "a" horn in the spare parts box i got, It saids maid in germany and i dont see how to hook it up so im assuming its off a different car. Theres a fairly loud click when the horn pads pressed and theres a current before it gets to the lil dome thing to the  right of the bay,

 

The rest I don't have a clue how to fix, afew of the grounding wires are cut and theres afew loose wires here and there, going to take it to a couple of dads mates to check out.

 

Cheers for reading and if you want to see any pics of any area of my Z just ask, Also of my z31 before/after pics or my first s30. I've got everything and enjoy showing them off/having a yarn

Thanks all

 

Posted

welcome mate

 

hope you enjoy the site

 

there is a gy on here called hunterzed who has 3 280zx's in his front yard and is stripping

 

Loui

Posted

Welcome to another 280ZX, and a young bloke to boot.

Car looks like a solid base to start your fun.

 

there is a guy on here called hunterzed who has 3 280zx's in his front yard and is stripping

No.

Thats Hunter and he's wearing a mankini, not stripping  :P

Posted

Good to hear you're liking the 280zx more than the modern stuff.  I let mine go to get a z32 but the 280zx had much more character and was more fun to drive.  Don't worry about getting an s30, stick with the s130 they're just as good and their appeal is on the rise.

Hardest thing I found with the electrics was finding the right wiring diagram for the particular year.  Once you've got the right one, then it's just patience. A lot of the problems come back to poor earths and previous hacks.  If you want them I think I've still got some black interior bits hanging around.

Posted

Thanks guys,

ill definitely chase up the mankini fella lol

Simon your 280 is brilliant, found it googling awhile back, the rear is brilliant, was it hard to track down the front air dam?

Zedback what have you got :D?

I'll make sure the s130 will stay in my possession aslong as I live, not going down the road of losing another Z, This ones basically my 19th present to myself XD

I love the shape of a 2+0 s30, Gotta have a goal car,

What do  you guys think about painting the bonnet/roof black? I'm a fan of the 10th anniversary red/black s130s, Probably not going to do anytime soon, just as an idea :D

  • Administrators
Posted

What do  you guys think about painting the bonnet/roof black? I'm a fan of the 10th anniversary red/black s130s, Probably not going to do anytime soon, just as an idea :D

 

It looks good on the 2 seater ZX, not sure if it would be in proportion on the 2+2 though. See how the black ends at the drivers door. Not sure you can achieve that with the 2+2.

 

http://zhome.com/History/10thAniv_red.GIF

 

Posted

Hey mate welcome to the forums.  Got access to your cars wiring diagram? It can be found in the rear of the owners manual usually. I would recommend scanning it in high quality and then you will be able to track circuits far more easily. Wreckers often have a few 280zxs around so maybe you could try sourcing some bits from them. For most of your issues i'd say its time to get the good old multimeter out :)

 

Good luck!

 

What do  you guys think about painting the bonnet/roof black? I'm a fan of the 10th anniversary red/black s130s, Probably not going to do anytime soon, just as an idea :D

 

Sounds like photoshop could help you on this one

Posted

Thanks, will deff photoshop/attempt to before i pass it on to a mate to do lol, Ill check the owners manual this arvo. BenZed, ill chase him up.

Ringing up some auto electricians today aswell,

The 280's my only mode of transportation other than busing/asking mates to drive me around. Much rather drive myself lol, So goal is to get her rwc'd and rego'd asap then start on fixing the rest of the gremlins/interior bits.

Posted

If nothing else, I've got the panels beside the back seat that go round the rear windows.  I think I've got other odds and ends stashed in a box including the radio console and a complete set of seat belts.

Posted

Hello Mate and welcome...

 

A 280zx....... an excellent choice! :D

 

Warren at Allzed carrys a lot of ZX parts and is very helpfull

 

Re: the front air dam from Benzed..yes he has one, but youll need to bond it onto your current one as it is not a stand alone bolt on unit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...