Under dash wiring/relays on 260z 2+2

Oversteer

Hello

I'm trying to sort out the wiring in my 260Z, someone before pretty much butchered things to the point of extending the wiring and mounting the flasher units, aux relay, horn relay, passing relay and int wiper relay under the drivers seat ! For god knows what reason !, car does have a electric power steer column but as far as I can tell thats not really causing the space issue, the motor/gearbox of the EPAS unit is all to the left of the column.

I have removed all the extra wiring and got everything to work, which was pretty painful with the wiring diagrams that are available. Anyway I want to now mount all those relays etc back where they are supposed to be, I'm guessing above the drivers kick panel/fuse box area !? Does anyone have a picture or diagram that shows where and how they mount ? Pic is where I'm at, I currently have whole dash and steering column out, it just sitting across the gear stick so I can plug everything in to test stuff.

Cheers

Justin

20210614_122357.jpg

OK, maybe I can get you a photo of mine to help. My RS30 is a very early one and I call it 'bare bones' compared to later 260Zs which have more electrics and maybe more relays, but depending what year your car it surely must help position things. Will look tomorrow.

Thanks for the photos people ;)

It looks like I'm missing a bracket that all that stuff mounts to then the bracket bolts to the car...

I'll have to try make something, which needs to not interfer with the dash going back in etc.

gilltech - If you get a chance can you snap a pic that shows the bottom of the dash frame and where it sits so I can see where not to put stuff/bracket !?

ud3.jpg

ud1.jpg

ud2.jpg

OK here's a shot looking up from the footwell. This is a very early '74 RS30 in original condition (with the exception of the pair of DIY-fix generic heater hoses looped around to make the tight turn). Very little else has been disturbed.

This is a NZ-new car, IMO a 'basic equipment' level (only electrical 'extra' is a hazard lights switch), so your car may have more relays and wiring on the upper RH side for other electrical stuff which this car doesn't have, judging by what I've seen on later and/or Aus-spec 260Zs.

RS30 RHS under dash.jpg

Edited by gilltech
Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Oversteer said:

Anyone got one of those brackets they wish to sell....don't care now rusty!

I will be parting out a 1976 2+2 soon, let me know what you need and I can check if it is still in the car.

What the relays etc are screwed too with Philips head 6mm bolts is a bracket that is then screwed to the kick panel of the car...

In my last post I drew a red arrow(badly) just below the bonnet release cable pointing to the bracket which is grey/greeny colour, the Philips screw directly under the red bonnet release main bracket(which is spot welded to car) holds the bracket I want to the car, I'm sure there are more screws elsewhere also which I can not see...