fairladyZ badges

Toecutter

I'm thinking of getting some fairladyZ badges for my car. Which cars were badged with this badge? From memory I thought that only cars in Japan had the fairladyZ badge on it. Did they call all Z's in Japan fairladys?

As far as I'm aware only JDM 240Z, etc were called 'FairLady'. In place of the '240Z' badges on the guards were 'Fairlady' badges and on the hatch I think. Might still be available through Nissan, but you'd need a VIN to place an order, assuming they are available at all Another possiblity is the Yahoo Japan auctions and I just did a quick check, have a look at this:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r19157936

7000 Yen is about $80, but you could easily double that with fees and shipping costs, etc. If you want more info I can give you a contact to discuss making a purchase that way (normally only Jap residents can buy, but there are ways around that problem).

Thanks Lambs. Ash has got a pair of them. I hope to see a finished set of three when I get back from holidays. We discussed making copies of the original steel ones in plastic but I was still curious about their background. I really like the look of them. Will post some pics as soon as they're done. Thanks for the history, and additional info.

Cheers

Sulio

Yep JDM market Zed are all called Fairlady's even those fitted with the L24 (most were L20a but when a relaxation in the local automotive tax Nissan released some L24 powered Fairlady's). An example of the L24 powered cars are the HS30-H aka "Fairlady 240z" or as most call them a ZG. These were factory released to the JDM market only. I believe all had a close ratio box (ultra close I think), 5 piece G-Nose, most of the original ones you see on yahoo and other Japanese sites seem to all state LSD R180 so this might have been a standard fitment also?

Ever the 432's were Fairlady Z 432 :)

Hey Crowe, it's quite easy I just used Macromedia's Flash, it has a tutorial section as a good guide for first time users, if you have a play you'll pick it up easily I reckon.

Picked up badges from Ash's and I painted them to original within an hour.

post-4-144023469239_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023469248_thumb.jpg

Hey NZeder,

I belive Ash will be selling blanks for AUD$35 ea so best to talk to him as he's the one making them. I'm sure he will chime in shortly on this thread. He's selling them blank.

It was'nt very hard for me to paint them up. I used a flexible primer, followed by matt black all over except for the Z which I filled up with blue tack. When matt black was dry I sprayed the silver on card board and then dropped the badge face on the wet paint and pulled it off after a few seconds. Once dry I pulled out the blue tack and gave it a clear coat to finish it off. All the paint was in small $5 pressure pack cans I bought from the local auto shop and the whole thing took me about 45 minutes.

Cheers

Sulio

man thats sexy, i was thinking of 350z fairlady badges as you can get them (copies i'm guessing) for like $30 or something but these look heaps nicer and the same sorta price, i always thought they'd be heaps more...and i guess they are for metal ones. does STAV (the member with an orange 2+2) have some metal badges? i think i just met one of his mates, but he didn't say if his friedns was a 2+2 or 2 seater...just it was orange with 17"s :D

but yeah, is it just me or does everyone one want flares and these badges? coz i know i do! dam u sulio! how are you going to stick them on?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking Good Sulio.

What was the process involved in making the badges.

I have a Nissan Silvia badge I want to make a copy of. Theres supposed to be 2 on the car, but I only have one, and of course I dont think you can buy them either new or reproduction.

Cheers,

Craig.

• 5 months later...

well i thought while i'm playing around with filling up the rust on my car i should put on the fairlady badges i bought, i was just wondering how to remove the 260z badges that are on there at the moment. i can't feel anything holding it in from the back, so should i just lever them off or is there a better way or something special i have to do?

thanks in advance -evan

The badges are stuck to the body but they also have (or should have) pins that fit into holes in the body.

So carefully does it with a paint scraper as you lever them off.

You probably won't break the badge but you may break the pins, but that is no big deal as the stuff available today to restick them is far superior to any thing from the 1970's

Warren