Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So, to keep things short, i'm wondering if there are any 240z owners who would be interested to make a swap.

 

I own a 1973 240z, HS30-103061, with the matching numbers L24. Its a very solid car, and has been my daily driver for about 4-5 years now. I have never found any rust and the body and chassis are in great condition. Paint is very nice too, although its not a restored car. The previous owner mentioned he repainted it approx 10 years ago at the time of purchase, so that would make the paint about 15 years old and it still looks great. The inside of the boot and the floors were not painted however, and seem to be showing what appears to be the original white coat of paint. This is only visible when the carpets are removed and the boot and floors are both very honest and rust free. Mechanically, the car drives very well, although the cam should be replaced as some of the lobes are worn however I just haven't got around to it. Diff is a 3.9 R180 and the gearbox is the close ratio 71B with 2.9 first. I checked the ratios prior to installing about 3.5 years ago. The car was originally an auto and I have all of the original auto trans parts to go with the car if someone really fancied. Overall this is a great car to drive and extremely reliable.

 

To be honest, what i'm looking for is another 240z which has already had a couple of the 'jdm racer' style mods to it.. I like the look of the Z's with the wider wheels, coilovers, rear and front lip, maybe flares etc, L28 fitted and so on. However i'm a bit (very) soft and just can't bring myself to modify my car in that way. I'm looking to make a swap for a car which is of comparable condition and something that drives currently. If you might be interested, let me know. My car is located in Brisbane. 

post-103451-0-09186500-1528086404_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-81559200-1528086500_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-45883100-1528086609_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-96694400-1528086649_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-85658900-1528086674_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-24533800-1528087906_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-60052600-1528088015_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-88839800-1528088039_thumb.jpg

post-103451-0-01897400-1528088069_thumb.jpg

Edited by theremm
  • Administrators
Posted

Agree... You can always store the L24 away and put an L28 in or just change out the crank.

 

If you want more of a period racer look, get some charcoal colour 15x8 Watanabe's on it.

Posted

If you want more of a period racer look, get some charcoal colour 15x8 Watanabe's on it.

 

I'm too soft to even roll the lips of the rear guards  :

  • Administrators
Posted

I'm too soft to even roll the lips of the rear guards  :

 

Then don't, just go with 7.5j wheels instead of 8?

 

I like the flared look, but can't help but feel it's a bit over cooked now. 

 

For me this is 1 of the most beautiful 240z's out there!

Posted

15x8 +4 wheels with 225/50’s fit a 240z with standard suspension without any mods at all.

 

It was only once I put adjustable lower control arms and dialled in -3.5’ camber did it start to scrub the guards.

Posted

That's a very nice car Gav.

 

Yeah I've previously purchased a set of 14 x 7.5 watanabes however concerned now that they just look too small under the guards.. haven't put them on yet as I can't make my mind up on tyre size. Unfortunately the 15 x 7.5 watanabes only come in the F8 style, which I really don't like at all. Sigh..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...