Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Couldn't help myself, saw this on a facebook page, was only 600 km's from home, so had to buy it !!  1974 260z 5 speed, very solid in the body, only very minor rust in the doors, but very average sunroof hole repair. The motor sounds real good, still has the round top Hitachis and airbox so all good in that department, but will need the usual carpet kit, rubber kit and seat trims, but overall a pretty good car. Origially gold with gold trim, then painted green at some time, i am thinking for this one maybe that Mini colour that looks a bit Safari Goldish but a bit shinier, will see how I feel once the body work is done.

 

The previous owner had pulled it apart , rubbed it down and lost interest, so now I get to do all the good stuff !!  After a brief stocktake, there are parts missing, namely the roof gutter moulds, and the grille ( dont know how you can lose those when you pull a car apart), so a bit of searching required, but wont be needed for a few months yet. The red car is nearly finished, so here we go again, I reckon this one will be a 6 month build, and Rust Musty #227  240Z is a much bigger job, so I am thinking I will do this one first and put Musty on the backburner for another 6 moths or so ( or at least till this one is done). Once I get stuck in I will start a build page in the appropriate section !!

 

                                                                                                          Mark B

post-104754-0-52321700-1475889134_thumb.jpg

  • Administrators
Posted

haha, oh dear... I do wonder what I'd do if I had more space.. Then I see this and I know.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Posted

haha, oh dear... I do wonder what I'd do if I had more space.. Then I see this and I know.

From èxperience I can tell you that the amount of gear (some call it crap) you have expands to fill the available space very quickly.

Posted

From èxperience I can tell you that the amount of gear (some call it crap) you have expands to fill the available space very quickly.

 

Yep and then starts to expand so much that it tries to extend outside ...does any body want a 100 year old piano?? :(

Posted (edited)

Sold the piano years ago as I needed more space in the lounge room. Sad to say I think I got about $50 for it...

post-100401-0-99104600-1477116806_thumb.jpg

post-100401-0-71797400-1477117402_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterAllen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...