260- 2 seater just listed 25/2/08

chris240

considering the asking prices of other Zeds, I can't figure out why he thinks hes going to get $14,000 for it.

Don't get me wrong I want Zed values to go up but I think this guy is trying to run ahead of the pack.

I would suggest that it's worth $10,000 at the most. He even states that the car is beggining to show paint issues.

I agree with Nato, its very reasonable.

Why do so many guys on this website constantly talk down the value of zeds for sale ?  Dont ever talk down the $ value of your asset or someone elses.

I said Hmmmmm in my previous post cause I thought the 260 was cheap ! If we keep having a 'polite" dig at someones asking price well never achieve the sales prices reached by cars like LC & LJ Toranas & some rotaries.

UP-sell not down-sell.

althought the early 240z are rusting like no tomorrow so i dare say there are more of the 260s around excluding the station wagons with wings and a lump in its spine!!!

I don't know about some of you guys but Nato's comment(s) are a good way to cause division within the ranks. I already know of a couple of guys who feel on the outer and are reluctant to go to a meet because they feel that if they have a 2+2 their car is somehow inferior.  Nato I own a 2+2 that is tidy and turns just as many heads as it's 2 seater counterpart, how about keeping this forum as an opportunity to encourage in the preservation and fun of the 'Zed's' rather that a forum for 'cheap' shots at other guys cars who have put in heaps of time and dollars in the resto project.  Maybe the whole 'jab' was tongue in cheek and if so I'm cool with that but if not maybe it's an opportunity to step up and keep the forum positive.

Just my thoughts anyhow!

Rev.

Rev,

Everyone on here can surely realise that the jokes about our 2+2 brothers are very much tongue in cheek. Nobody on here says that 2+2's are bad, or inferior.. the only comments we make that could somehow be seen as negative is when talking about their value in the zed market. And this is very much factual as they just don't fetch the same money as the 2 seaters..

Lets not start getting offended over nothing.. thats just stupid.

• Administrators

While I would like to see Z values rise. I do think we need to be reasonable when it comes to asking price. I have seen some nice early 240z's sell recently for 18K in much better condition than this.

Rust free is a bit bonus, but the interior and engine bay look a little messy not to mention some missing pillar badges and the fact that it needs a bit of work to be more 'original'.

The Z is a great value sports car, always has been and I hope it always remains that way. However OEM parts are going through the roof so perhaps values will shoot up. It would be a shame in a way as one of the reasons I got into Z's in the first place was the low cost of ownership.

• Administrators

I don't know about some of you guys but Nato's comment(s) are a good way to cause division within the ranks. I already know of a couple of guys who feel on the outer and are reluctant to go to a meet because they feel that if they have a 2+2 their car is somehow inferior.  Nato I own a 2+2 that is tidy and turns just as many heads as it's 2 seater counterpart, how about keeping this forum as an opportunity to encourage in the preservation and fun of the 'Zed's' rather that a forum for 'cheap' shots at other guys cars who have put in heaps of time and dollars in the resto project.  Maybe the whole 'jab' was tongue in cheek and if so I'm cool with that but if not maybe it's an opportunity to step up and keep the forum positive.

Just my thoughts anyhow!

Rev.

I don't think anyone should feel excluded from the forum based on chassis prefix. However I do think its more tongue in cheak or at least just getting a point across, rather than a cheap shot. However this isn't really the thread for the discussion so if you like start a new topic in general discussions.

I own a 2 seater and would love for it's value to rise.

I suggested that the asking price was a little on the high side because the market will undercut him. If a buyer is willing to do 5 mins of research, they will find a better or equal example for 2 or 3 grand cheaper. It's the sellers who are willing to make a fast sell and undercut the true value of a classic sports car that are the cause of stagnant Zed prices.

I also own a 2+2 and love her just as much.

The Rev makes some good points. But in Nato's defence I don't think he was too serious about the 2+2. I own one and certainly don't feel inferior to any other Zed. to me it's personal preference. Some like the 2 seater and others the 4. For me the wheel base of the 2 seater is too short which makes the car twitchy when driving. No my cup of tea. Had both and went to a lot of trouble to transfer the good stuff from a 2 to 4 seater mainly for that reason. Besides my young kids lover driving in the car. Ha. Another benefit. Well till they hit about 10years. then I think it might be one at a time in the passengers seat.  ;) Besides I can get a set of golf Clubs in mine.  :D

Had a long post about prices of zeds etc but it boils down to this. You can ask whatever you want. IT is up to the market to work out if it is a good price or not. Personally i think it is a fair price. Especially when you take into consideration that no one pays the adv price so think 2 grand less than what it says. 

2 seater zeds are getting harder to find. That is a fact therefore their prices should go up.

yea sorry if i hurt anyones feelings!!! lol

yea lets just say even with my 240z 2 seater with a chev also, i still feel inferior to graigs monster torque twister, he needs the extra weight to somewhat support all that twist! just a mental thought/pictur, craig driving down the road with one front wheel off the ground due to chassis twist doing a big launch, and having to nurse it home due to all welds breaking and the only thing holding it together being the rear swaybar mounts. oh well day dream over!!!

Personally i like twitchy, which is what the shorter wheelbase does, more like a go kart, in fact i like the gemmy wheelbase even better, now that thing feels like a go kart with 4 doors!!!

Ha nice one Nato. I came back from Tassie about 4 years ago after giving the car a hard time. The gap between the bonnet and body where gone. It was now touching near the latch. So the body did move a bit on the trip, a bit to much hard breaking and accelerating with the donk in the middle of the car.  Anyway I welded in an 8 point roll cage after bracing it all up correctly again. No more twisting anymore.  :) Sorry to put a dampner on that dream. Actually I had the same one long ago hence the cage. Ha Ha

LOL

well my 260z is a 2+2 though i do admit the 2 seaters maybe just little bit look tougher but they look bit out of proportion. 260z was my first z car but i did get a 240z as well so got both worlds. but i dont dislike one more than the other.260z 2+2 for me is more practical car.

actualy few ppl that are not into zeds think the 2+2 looks nicer. well there you go.

than at the rate the 2+2 are getting murdered so a 2 seater can live on the end the 2+2 may be the rarer beast.

Nato likes to joke around i dont think he ment to piss anyone off. i cop same thing from time to time but he gets it back for that boat anchor he has for an engine. Pitty he bought himself a real engine now so i cant use that as an excuse. ::)

plus you can have more "fun" in the back seat of a 2+2 which you have to sadly forgo in a 2 seater.

So do your bit for population growth and get a 2+2 !  ;D

Tongue in cheek to the 2 seater boys. You know we love ya !  ;)