260Z Wheels - Price To Sell?

mr-ace-k

Hey Guys 

I have a set of 4 260z wheels with tyres in good condition. 

Did a search but couldn't find much, anyone know roughly what sort of price sell them for these days? 

Rims are in reasonable condition also with slight gutter rash 

Thanks 

These the factory alloys?  prices been creeping up lately.  Saw some recently for $300 for the set.  Pretty sure either Gumtree or ebay has a set or 2 on at the moment if you want a current price comparison.

Polish them up nice to make them a bit more saleable too.

Totally depends on condition, & do they have their centres in good nick (most don't), correct factory wheel nuts, etc as well or just the rims (& tyres).

Gutter rash can be repaired OK but isn't cheap for a quality job on all wheels for matching finish.

There are plenty around, were used on the 280ZXs as well, & they far outlast the cars!

Very few choices in 14" tyres now, so of limited appeal really.

However, IMO a nice looking wheel, not knocking them.

Edited by gilltech

Not great choice, the world has moved on from 14". There seem to be rather few options in 14" 'grippy performance' tyres, most 14" advertised seem to be budget, or mid-range at best, narrower sizes like say up to 175 for passenger cars, vans & trailers.

There are a few in 195/70 & 205/60 or whatever listed on sites, but last time I inquired at my local chain tyre shop virtually nothing of those sizes range was actually held in stock with importers in Australia.

I did look at BF Goodrich as they are imported for Mustangs etc but the sizes available were too wide for my factory 260Z 5.5" rims.

Maybe others on here have had more luck?

Yes, pity, because I really like the factory 260Z / 280ZX style mags.

I have a set but really should buy a couple of spares to hoard away.

I've never inquired but I suppose the 5.5" size could be widened, & stick some BF Goodrich on?

In the USA the reproduction-OEM wheel manufacturers also make them in larger sizes like 15" & 16" for owners of Mustangs & the like that want to retain the original look but the benefits of modern tyres, wish they would for Zeds.

Edited by gilltech

The Historic Group S Prod sports racers use road oegal type 14" rubber, could be a consideration, as, after all, the cars are nt daily drivers.

There are specific tyre retailers in all States.

Your average Jax/Bb Jane/Goodyear, aint gonna be stocking those though!