Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I'm just going to post now because this stuff needs to go before end of week or it will go in the hard waste collection or get turfed. I was given a bunch of stuff by Frank who didn't post much here but if you look in his photo gallery you'll see he has quite the turbo set up on his Fairlady Z.

 

 

I'll post images of the stuff shortly with descriptions, but ideally I'd like anyone interested in the stuff to collect as a lot and then sort out what they don't need and pass it on. This is basically what I'm doing, it's all free but I don't have the luxury of time to post items or wait for 20 different people to show up. It just needs to go... :)

 

Items located in Caulfield Melbourne.

 

Here is a basic list of items...

 

Vinyl Strut tower covers - some minor tears etc..
ARP fasteners - look to be used.
Coaxiale Cable (not Z part just turfing it)
Rear speaker box (for 2 seater Z) - I made it years back, it's made of wood, heavy and doesn't allow easy access to spare tyre.
Rear strut brace, with what looks to be a bracket for a camera etc..
Gaskets loads of them, most used, exhaust / intake, valve cover etc.. A couple new in packaging still.
Throttle lever from 280zx? Has cable provisions...
harmonic balancers (x2) both are designed for multiple belts / accessories. 1 appears to have been marked for electronic ignition / home reference?
Bosch fuel pump, no idea if it works.
Thermo fans
Oil pump, old bushes etc....
Grease guns, custom undertray, wiper arms (don't think they are S30z centric)
Turbotechnics Wastegate and Turbosmart Fuel Pressure Regulator
Excess alloy piping, silicone hoses (samco), K&N filters
Big canister - could be dry sump set up?
Autotechnica gear knob
Wheel spacers
Fog lamps
Turbo timer?
Electronic Blow off Valve.
Oil catch can?
Oil cooler adapter (I assume that's what it is? for L-banger motor)
Electric water pump and motor to suit L-series.
E88 head, looks to have had head work. Cracks in 2 cylinders, bare head...
Aircon compressor and bracket
Heat shielding
Clutch + pressure plate
Engine head stuff like lashpads, tappets, fasteners, sprockets
Automotive Performance Meter - no idea what this does. Looks like it was expensive once upon a time.
Some OHMN Meter, no sure what it's for?
OMNI TORQUER - no idea what this is?
 
More stuff I found
A-Grind camshaft out of my 72 240z. In ok shape but has surface rust on lobes.
Turbosmart boost controller (manual)
Some kind of surge tank like fuel swirl pot set up
Injectors
Misc pressure gauges (possibly for fuel lines?)
Wiper motor (in bag, looks like S30z type)

 

IMG_20160106_152826.jpg

IMG_20160106_153005.jpg

IMG_20160106_153011.jpg

IMG_20160106_152832.jpg

IMG_20160106_153041.jpg

IMG_20160106_152837.jpg

IMG_20160106_152411.jpg

IMG_20160106_152849.jpg

IMG_20160106_152502.jpg

IMG_20160106_153047.jpg

IMG_20160106_152511.jpg

IMG_20160106_152900.jpg

IMG_20160106_152601.jpg

IMG_20160106_152907.jpg

IMG_20160106_152620.jpg

IMG_20160106_152919.jpg

IMG_20160106_152635.jpg

IMG_20160106_152923.jpg

IMG_20160106_152959.jpg

IMG_20160106_152953.jpg

IMG_20160106_152947.jpg

IMG_20160106_152940.jpg

IMG_20160106_152935.jpg

IMG_20160106_152927.jpg

IMG_20160106_152641.jpg

IMG_20160106_152648.jpg

IMG_20160106_152654.jpg

IMG_20160106_152703.jpg

IMG_20160106_152754.jpg

IMG_20160106_152813.jpg

  • Administrators
Posted

Just updated to include photos and description of stuff.

 

Found this for the Automotive Performance Meter.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=The-AC22-Performance-Meter&A=0703

 

Omni Torque thing appears to be ignition set up to remove coil etc..?

 

I've had a couple of PMs so will follow those up.

  • Administrators
Posted

As an FYI, I've also got a few L24 engine parts like A-Grind cam and sprocket wheel, L24 crank, and misc bits from a torn down L24. If there is any interest in them also?

Posted (edited)

Gav, I'll grab the Aircon pump & bracket and the "Engine head stuff like lashpads, tappets, fasteners, sprockets"

Edited by Lurch ™
  • Administrators
Posted

Ok guys,

 

Got a few different PMs and parts people want. I'll update this shortly. Sorry to those interstate but postage is a massive pain and I don't want to cart this stuff back to Sydney with me in the car. So preference is given to anyone local who can collect.

 

Cheers,
Gavin

Posted

Gav I recognise it's a bit awkward but if you could squeeze the oil catch can and the wheel spacers in the car, I'd love to take them off your hands.

Totally understand if it's not possible.

Cheers

Mick

Posted (edited)

Hi Gav, If they're still available I'd like to grab the oil filter adapter and the wrinkled heat shield stuff.

 

EDIT: & the rocker cover gasket in the packet.

 

Can collect anytime that suits you

Edited by Gareth. J.
  • Administrators
Posted

Just updated first post with more stuff I found..

 

I set aside aircon compressor and bracket + rocker arms, lash pads etc.. for Locky because he said he can reuse them and will collect later. I also have to be nice to the man who is helping me with my E31 head rebuild... :)

 

However I honestly just want this stuff gone in 1 go if possible. There is a few people asking for bits and pieces but the problem is I don't want to be waiting around all day for people to show up and pick the eyes out of the lot. I'm on Holiday and have little time left before going back to work. Getting rid of stuff is hard work as I'm sure you'll all appreciate.

 

The items are free, therefore first in is best dressed. I have a couple of people asking to come around, before the weekend is preferred. If stuff is left over and people really want it I'll see what I can do, but literally anything that remains is going to get turfed. I have decided I just have too much crap...

  • Administrators
Posted

Gav I recognise it's a bit awkward but if you could squeeze the oil catch can and the wheel spacers in the car, I'd love to take them off your hands.

Totally understand if it's not possible.

Cheers

Mick

 

If it is still here once people have come to collect stuff I'll do my best. But no promises I'm afraid.

  • Administrators
Posted

Hi Gav, If they're still available I'd like to grab the oil filter adapter and the wrinkled heat shield stuff.

 

EDIT: & the rocker cover gasket in the packet.

 

Can collect anytime that suits you

 

I've got a couple of others who have said they want to come by. So if they don't take it I'll let you know.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Hi Gav

 

Maybe just reply to every PM with the same pick up time window of an hour or two on a day that suits you, and what is not collected in that window gets tossed. That would save wasting too much of your time and give those who are serious the chance to grab what they want - first in best dressed !

 

Just a thought

 

 

Cheers

 

PB

Edited by PB260Z
  • Administrators
Posted

Thanks Peter,

Yeah between PMs and phone calls and forum replies. I am sure someone is going to feel like they miss out. I just want it all gone. I've spent all day going through my Z-stuff and deciding what to turf and keep. I literally was hoping someone would come collect the lot and then get rid of what they don't need.

 

But i do want to help people out, just don't want to set aside all the good bits and then nobody wants to come by :). Also time is precious I already wasted several hours going through old stuff.

 

Once you decide to get rid of stuff you just want it gone.

Posted

If it is still here once people have come to collect stuff I'll do my best. But no promises I'm afraid.

No probs, thanks.

  • Administrators
Posted

Hi Guys,

 

A fella named Sash came by this morning and collected the lot. Did me a huge favor.

 

I'll send you guys a PM with his number so you can ask him if he is using the parts you were interested in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...