George Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 hey all, thought i'd share with you all some of my work. this is what i've been up to recently. just wasting time taking pics and learning the fine art. this is just a small collection of some of my fav ones. you can find more at http://ktnxbi.com and let me know if there are any budding photographers here. always keen to check out other peoples work. thanks for looking Quote
V8Datto Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 Not bad at all George, you deferntly have the nak for it. How about some more pic's of the Z? Quote
fufu Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 WOW those are some mighty fine photos. I've started the age old learning of photography as well. However I'm still suck with a MZ-30 Pentax with a 28-80mm lens. I'm in the market for a Canon 20D and maybe a 50mm f1.8 to do some portraits and closeups. I like the people from JDMstyleTuning. They have fabulous photography of their cars and thats the level i want to first move towards when i get the 20D. The Pentax just doesn't cut it with that sigma lens. Every shot needs a tripod with that camera. Quote
HELLFIRE! Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 WOW those are some mighty fine photos. I've started the age old learning of photography as well. However I'm still suck with a MZ-30 Pentax with a 28-80mm lens. I'm in the market for a Canon 20D and maybe a 50mm f1.8 to do some portraits and closeups. I like the people from JDMstyleTuning. They have fabulous photography of their cars and thats the level i want to first move towards when i get the 20D. The Pentax just doesn't cut it with that sigma lens. Every shot needs a tripod with that camera. The new digital range of Pentax SLRs all now have shake reduction. I have the K100 which I find to be very good at shake reduction even in telephoto. Sigma lenses aren't that bad and if you stay in the Pentax family you will only need to buy the body. Although I can understand you wanting a lens that gos lower than 28mm, in this case I would buy a lens tailered for wide angle and a 3rd one for extreme telephoto. George, great tonal harmony, you realy are painting with light! I love the bmx in flight. I like landscapes, these are some I have taken. Quote
George Posted February 11, 2008 Author Posted February 11, 2008 thanks for the nice comments great shots Hellfire. some gorgeous colour in the first one and that boat shack one looks amazing. where was it taken? as for car pics, i actually bought a dslr to get into car photography but moved away from that very quickly i'm afraid. i just opened my eyes to everything else around me and haven't looked back. it's actually weird but photography has made me look at life in a much more positive way. i imagine i will take some more car pics but to be honest everything i see within car photography is a tad boring. there is this one guy who's absolutely inspired me but i can't find the link right now. i'll post it if i do. amazing car photography. and yeah jdmst guys are really talented. lots of nice pics there Quote
modular9 Posted February 11, 2008 Posted February 11, 2008 top pic is awesome mate. You got the god rays and the determined worker and everything. Nice composition ... yeh i gotta say i really like it. Quote
Toecutter Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 George, They look like some really great photos. I like the fact that you can take a slow walk anywhere looking for that rght shot, like George said it can open your eyes up to alot of things you miss on our hurried daily routines. Hellfire, I have an old Pentax camera with quite a few lenses and my plan was to wait until the K10 came down in price. Do you think there is a significant difference between the K100 and K10!?? I know you go up to 10megapixel with the K10 but do you know if it's very noticable as your photos look very good also? Sulio Quote
lightmaster240z Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 The lake shot is down in tas at cradle mountain if Iam not mistaken. One of the most betufull place to take photo I every been regards, Bruce Ps I love all of these shot im of the old school still i love my 35mm still Quote
HELLFIRE! Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 George, They look like some really great photos. I like the fact that you can take a slow walk anywhere looking for that rght shot, like George said it can open your eyes up to alot of things you miss on our hurried daily routines. Hellfire, I have an old Pentax camera with quite a few lenses and my plan was to wait until the K10 came down in price. Do you think there is a significant difference between the K100 and K10!?? I know you go up to 10megapixel with the K10 but do you know if it's very noticable as your photos look very good also? Sulio There isn't a hell of a lot of difference, the major one being the Mega Pixels. Other differences include iso (K10 goes to 100) Exposure compensation, battery (k10 Lith-Ion) weight (K10 Heavier), Dimensions (K10 Slightly larger) and K10 has weather resistant seals. So really the big difference is the Mega Pixels. For a side by side comparison click this link. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=pentax_k100dsuper%2Cpentax_k10d&show=all This is probably the best price for a K10 D body http://shopping.yahoo.com.au/xPC-Pentax-K10D The sunset photo was taken in Numurkah (Just north of Shepparton) The next one was taken at Cradle mountain, the water fall shot is of Liffey falls (Tasmania) and the last shot is of the boat shed at lake Dove looking across to Cradle Mountain. Quote
George Posted February 13, 2008 Author Posted February 13, 2008 there is this one guy who's absolutely inspired me but i can't find the link right now. i'll post it if i do. amazing car photography. this is the kind of work i dream about doing - http://ruji.net/main.html Quote
fufu Posted February 13, 2008 Posted February 13, 2008 CAN I just say... WOW... *speechless* *gasps for air* Quote
George Posted February 14, 2008 Author Posted February 14, 2008 that guy is only a couple of years older than me too i guess he did start in high school though which is a lifetime away. Quote
Toecutter Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 Thanks Hellfire. I'll have to bite the bullet one of these days. this is the kind of work i dream about doing - http://ruji.net/main.html Those are some really amazing photos. Thing is apart from being a really good photographer I bet the guys Photoshop skills are up there! Very inspiring photos, I've put that link in my Photography favourates folder. Thanks, Sulio Quote
George Posted February 15, 2008 Author Posted February 15, 2008 no doubt he has the skill to present them well. i just love his settings and composition. they're very unique. here's another one of mine i just posted on my blog. took it during aus day few weeks back. bit of a different look at an icon. Quote
sco_aus Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 Good stuff. Click on the jmedia link in my signature. Its a friend of mine trying to start out as a bit of an action photographer. Hes in the process of getting a CAMS approval to get to the good spots at races. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted May 11, 2008 Moderators Posted May 11, 2008 Just out of curiosity, anyone try lightning photography? They say its a bit tricky, especially during the day due to the large exposure times, but this was my first half assed attempt with no tripod! hehehe Quote
Toecutter Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 Just out of curiosity, anyone try lightning photography? They say its a bit tricky, especially during the day due to the large exposure times, but this was my first half assed attempt with no tripod! hehehe hmmm...sit it on a tripod, reduce your apature and lengthen the shutter speed to 1 full sec or so then all you need to do is play with the ISO setting till you get perfect shot after shot. Hey Dimitri, I know of some deserted rail yards with a cool old loading dock not far from my place and I've been planning to get some shots there so if your inetersted on a weekend we can organise something with the cars! Sulio Quote
fufu Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 WOW most of your photos are extremely good. I'm new to photography so I'm learning as i go. I mainly focus on cars as my portrait. Equipment i use are Canon 20D, Canon 18-55mm IS f4.5-5.5 and have just recently purchased a Canon 580exII for a flash and night shots. aside from the shots that can be viewed at my project section, i've also taken these. Feel free to comment on them as harshly as possible. This one was my very first car photo taken with a DSLR. It took 20 tries to get 1 perfect shot. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted May 11, 2008 Moderators Posted May 11, 2008 Errrr...they all suck!! hehehe just kidding...well done. Night time shots I'm still trying to get right! Like with everything else, the more you play with it, the more you learn! Definitely Sulio, Just name the time and date! except for this weekend coming....its booked solid! And hope I still have an engine! Quote
Toecutter Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 Definitely Sulio, Just name the time and date! except for this weekend coming....its booked solid! And hope I still have an engine! Yer next week is poker weekend with the boys for me but maybe the following. I'm sure we'll talk on the phone quite a bit so lets play it by ear, might even be able to do it after work one weekday. Quote
V8Datto Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 Just out of curiosity, anyone try lightning photography? They say its a bit tricky, especially during the day due to the large exposure times, but this was my first half assed attempt with no tripod! hehehe I'm not much of a camera person but I did get some cool pictures of Lightning one night Quote
620Z Posted May 11, 2008 Posted May 11, 2008 Hey Sulio / Dimitri keep me posted on that photo shoot I would be interested as well. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted May 12, 2008 Moderators Posted May 12, 2008 Should be a good photo shoot with all the zeds hopefully during a thunder storm, V8Datto could take some brilliant pics! heheh Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.