NOW is the time to SELL your 240Z..Top $$ Paid.

240Z_au

Looking for a VERY clean, manual, 240Z.

If you thought you could not get the $$ for your Top 240, now is your chance. I'm not looking to buy right..I'm looking to buy the right car!

Considering a nicely Modified or an Original. If modified, I'm ONLY looking for a showroom condition in every respect. Performance mods and engine swaps are OK, but I'm NOT looking for $5K stereo systems or your great 20” chrome wheels - you know 'the look'.

Right price paid for the right car. Budget is not set and I'll spend what is required to obtain the right car.

Andrew - 0405 796 942

PS. I will check here regularly, but not daily, so please SMS or call me.

Thank you, but this car is NOT a representative of what I'm looking for..Please READ my description carefully.

I'm looking for the VERY Best, not just average. The car will have a great attention to detail and only the very best quality work throughout if modified. Examples of the the quality of modifications detail/standards I'm looking for include:

http://www.viczcar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastcomby&cat=0&pos=0&uid=568

http://www.viczcar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&pos=2&uid=568

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2995/article.html

http://www.viczcar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&pos=10&uid=568

Interior/Exterior would be in line with the above standards.

Original examples MUST BE ORIGINAL, but I'm also a realist and know they can be hard to come by so I will look at examples with only a VERY minimal details missing. (badge, mirrors, hub cups, gear knob etc)

This is an opportunity for someone to be rewarded for their sweat, blood & tears and the great attention to detail and $$ invested on the car. Buyers like me do not come around daily, so present your Very Best 240's with your price to sell and be rewarded.

Dude I coudlnt care less if you want to buy my car or not.

But that does meet your criteria.

I'm selling without the sound system, so the only non original item is the wheels.

Car is extremely original, down to the original car jack and chock in the tool compartment.

Why dont you look over the site properly and find something yourself? It sounds like you are the only one who knows your criteria 'properly'..

Good luck with it.

I have looked at the examples on the links you have provided and I am confused. All of those cars look heavilly modified from standard to me, one even has a rotary in it!. As for "the look" what does this mean? all of the example cars you provided look different to me. heavilly flared fenders and all.

I agree with JP240Z it seems like you are the only one that knows your criteria.

Having been through the search myself I know you are very unlikely to find your dream Z straight up, mine is no where near perfect, though it is close to original in most respects.

I do wish good luck to you with your search. However it may pay you to be a little more polite to members of the Z community or you may find you miss out on a lot of assistance that may have otherwise been offered freely. I know I have had lots of advice from members of this website which I apreciate very much

By the way JP240Z I love your car and if I didn't already have mine I would swoop on yours like a Seagull on a chip. I also believe it represents value in todays market.

Regards

Peter

Ok, here are some answers since clearly I did not make myself clear enough. I wont be replying to any more comments, only offers please from here on.

As a general comment, I have placed this Ad. to attract people with top 240's who have previously not considered selling or have considered, but thought they could not attract the appropriate buyer (due to many overcapitalising on time and $$ invested and shortage of buyers prepared to re compensate owners accordingly). If one of you knows of an owner who would sell for the right $$, then I'm the buyer he/she wants.

JP240z. Firstly, I've looked at all of the photos of cars for sale and yours appears average to me. Hope you can live with my personal view of your car and world in general.  Above you mention that your car is original apart from the wheels. I fail to recognise this car to be anything, but original (as per description of an 'original' in my post above) OR even  modified with the 'greatest attention to detail (this is what I'm asking for). I have noticed many non-original additions (apart from your claimed wheels) and hence why it does not fit my criteria. Good luck with the sale and hope someone falls in love with your car.

Silverz. Let me address your state of apparent confusion (as per your admission). I have mentioned that I'm looking for Modified OR an Original. Please read my earlier comments carefully, its all spelled out clearly and to the point. As to 'one example having a rotary', I do not see this from any of the links I have posted. As to your comments about being "polite",  I fail to see where I may have offended someone with anything I've said here. If you can not agree with my personal assessment of a given car as being 'average' then I can not change this.

ZC44TT. No, this is not my first Z. I've owned 240's, since I was 18 (my first car actually) and I'm in my late 30's now. I know every nut and bolt on this cars and all of the issues so when I see a photo of one and someone tells me its an original or has been modified to a highest standard, you can  appreciate  my disappointment and why I do not agree.

ALL, please ready my criteria carefully and leave photo links or contact me via email or mobile if you think you've got what I need. Phone call or an email will sort out the boys from the men and save us all typing and misunderstandings. Again, I will not be replying here to any additional comments on opinions. If you have a bee in your bonnet and can debate your views, feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

A good place to find an S30 in that condition would be to drop in to some of the NDSOC Concourse events. Car's with engine bays that look that clean don't see the streets on anything but the occasioanl Sunday when the sun is shinning with no clouds in sight.

Good Luck with your search.

Just out of curiosity what sort of use are you planning for the car? Track, weekender or a daily driver?

Sulio

Sulio. You sound like you know what I'm after. I'm looking strictly for a weekender. I would love to go to a Z Concourse event, but have not seen any listed on this site. Do you have a callendar for the next event? (either VIC or NSW). I would surely make an effort to go.

You can browse through the calendar dates on the link below. There seems to be a show and shine event in late Feb. I'm also a member of the NDSOC however I regretfully don't get a chance to get to many events but might be worth a look in.

[http://www.ndsoc.com.au/component/option,com_events/task,view_month/Itemid,80/year,2008/month,02/day,10//url]

Sulio

I think it was lucky in this case that 240z_au isn't new to zeds. The responses from this thread were hardly welcoming. I don't know 240z_au, but I have seen his nic around datto forums for years.

If it was a 'new' prospective zed owner I doubt they would be coming back. Can we keep this in mind when we respond to new threads?

Just a thought...

I think it was lucky in this case that 240z_au isn't new to zeds. The responses from this thread were hardly welcoming. I don't know 240z_au, but I have seen his nic around datto forums for years.

If it was a 'new' prospective zed owner I doubt they would be coming back. Can we keep this in mind when we respond to new threads?

Just a thought...

just as an outsider and with no disrespect meant at all, he did come off a bit arrogant and up himself. he basically got the response he deserved.

again, no disrespect meant, just my humble opinion. words have a way of conveying a message we did not want to communicate. they lack a certain face to face charm. body language is extremely important and smilies just don't cut it :P

Charles. PM Sent. Lets see.

And this response is no different, this guy is taking the piss, George I think you're right on the money

Ok, what's your upper limit?? I will build you a car just like what you are looking for if you're serious, what exactly is the look you want?? I'll build you the toughest hottest triple carbed L31 ZG racer even the Tokyo boys would be creaming over.

You got an open cheque book?? let me know when you're serious, until then shut the F#$K up and stop bagging out peoples cars

If you want a car give a clear description of what you want, don't be so vague then tell people there cars are crap after they aproach you

I'm sick of tossers coming across like some kind of la di da bloody officianado know it all, people are offering you there pride and joy if it's not to your liking then get the F#$K over it and don't be so F$%^&*G rude about it

XRQTR - I have no set limit. I own several cars and all have been purchased based on what the previous owners have advertised them for. If you are skilled in this area and have some track record I can verify, then I will hire you based on an agreed plan of action and some kind of a development plan (not a dirty napkin and some figures flying out of your head, on demand). You have my number and contact details. I'm not checking-in here to waste anyone's time, especially mine.

UPDATE. PS. XRQTR. Based on reading your full "response" (I only saw the 1st paragraph before). I withdraw my offer to talk to you for obvious reasons. Just unbeliveable.

Dear Forum..Please, I'm NOT considering an automatic. (I've received 2 offers today) I do understand some of you have a million KW's 240's and Auto is best, BUT please READ my Ad so we don't waste each others time. I'm donating $10.00 for every offer which CLEARLY does not fit my criteria. I've received 4 such offers so far + 1 I bet I will receive tomorrow. (So $50.00 was just donated).

If you are looking at making me a very poor man, then please keep coming, but even I have my limits...."Arrogant" Andrew.

You sound like a pain in the a$$ pal, I wouldn't waste my time with you unless you laid down a very heavy deposit.

Nowhere in your initial ad does it state "No Autos"

I really think you need to sit your cheap a## down and work out what it is you're looking for so you can give people a clearer picture of what it is you are actually looking for.

UNTIL THEN STOP WASTING EVERYONES TIME.

thank you ;)

So... your saying that I basically just donated $10 for not having the insight to see your 'grand plan'?

Moderators please change my profile to 'Donating Member'?

Isn't it hard when you flash your cash and you still can't fit in on the internet?  :(

You could donate your last cent to the forum and I'm sure the guys that run it would be quite happy but that in no way gives you any right what so ever to treat people with the disresepct you have shown in your posts.

If you would like for people to treat you with some respect then maybe you might want to try showing some first.

So... your saying that I basically just donated $10 for not having the insight to see your 'grand plan'?

Moderators please change my profile to 'Donating Member'?

Isn't it hard when you flash your cash and you still can't fit in on the internet?  :(

hey hang on. didnt we have an argument about donations once?

/leers at LP240z

:P

hey andrew,

i think what you are looking for doesn't exist. the only way you will ever find the right car is to build it yourself. many on here have. it's the only way to get what you want. period.

you sound like a smart gentleman. if you know anything about cars you will know the above is true. you take a car that is 80% what you want and you do the rest yourself.  ;)

another option for you would be to look at the Japanese market. some nice examples there.