Help with incorrectly cut 240z carpet kit

cracker

I've had this kit sitting around since I bought the car and have decided to try to suss it out.

I've attached a pic of the carpet that (I'm presuming?!?!) goes on the floor immediately behind the seats, but it is a horrible fit and even appears to be for a different car entirely (perhaps 260z 2+2 or early 240z?) - Interestingly all pieces of carpet have "240z" written on them. I believe the kit was bought from black dragon. Did they just make a bad kit? Does anyone have any insight?

The rest of the kit appears to fit reasonable well, despite the fact the rear parcel carpet is a little shorter than ideal.

James

post-1530-144023782976_thumb.jpg

the rear floor both sides are seperate, then you have a piece running along the side from front to back both sides at a guess I would say the rear you have goes under the seat and over the tunnell so you are missing some vital pieces.

this is a 260 kit from the states

post-2704-144023782984_thumb.jpg

Thanks Linton - sorry I should have mentioned I have the rest of the kit in the car already, it's just these pieces that I am concerned with. The two mirrored pieces should be for underneath/behind the seats but the indents don't go close to being deep enough to accommodate standard seat mount points. I've figured out how to draw on the original to show where the indents would need to be to fit.

I also have no idea where the other piece would go in a 240z... unless it is supposed to sit upright (how would it stay there?!) in front of the toolboxes.

If you mean by 'in front of the toolbox' the vertical panel dropper to the floor pan, the 240s (& at least the early 260s) had diamond vinyl across there, with a plastic trim strip along the top edge.

From my experience the little carpet sections behind the seats were small mats that only extended under the seats by a small amount, leaving bare painted floor pan (& sound deadener) under most of the seats.

Woops, meant to attach this - in reference to my last post.

If you mean by 'in front of the toolbox' the vertical panel dropper to the floor pan, the 240s (& at least the early 260s) had diamond vinyl across there, with a plastic trim strip along the top edge.

From my experience the little carpet sections behind the seats were small mats that only extended under the seats by a small amount, leaving bare painted floor pan (& sound deadener) under most of the seats.

Agreed - I have vinyl trim on that vertical panel so it bemuses me that carpet would be put there...

yes the last piece is to go in frount of the tool box . In the upright position. I would thing it need to be eather glued or clipped int o place. :) 

Thanks for that! As per above.. not sure why they made this!

Might just have to modify the pieces I have so they fit better under the seats.

post-1530-144023783037_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...