luvemfast Posted September 2, 2013 Posted September 2, 2013 If you ever get the chance to go for a ride in a V8 supercar........ TAKE IT!!!!!! I was lucky enough to have Rick Kelly drive me around Calder Park raceway in the Altima race car today. It was UNREAL!!!!!! All 4 cars and drivers were there and giving it the beans. The acceleration you can get in other cars, like Sinisha's monster Z. But silky smooth with the flat shifting and crackle. The overall package is hard to compare to anything else I've been in. When you're going down the straight, faster than I've EVER been. Approaching the tight first corner and going past your braking point, while still accelerating. Then the grip around the corner was awesome and it didn't feel like anywhere near braking traction 1 bit! It was surprising at how smooth the ride was, I was expecting it to be harsh. And safe. Boy, even though the speeds are incredible, it feels completely in control and not unsafe at all. And we were approaching 300kph clearly the aero package is well set up. It was over so fast, I could have just stayed in there all day. I collected my photo from in the car afterwards and approached Rick to sign it for me. He didn't have a texts, so went out of his way to get one from the transporter. He was really friendly and has turned me into a fan. Overall. One of the best experiences I've had. Period! I give it............... 5 stars Quote
luvemfast Posted September 2, 2013 Author Posted September 2, 2013 Good stuff Simon, you do luvemfast. Sorry Gordo, you've been knocked down a peg on fastest hot laps. 1. Rick Kelly - V8 supercar, Calder Park 2. Sinisha - RB26DETT powered Z, Sandown 3. Gordo - PMC powered 240Z, Phillip Island 4. Taking applications........... Quote
luvemfast Posted September 2, 2013 Author Posted September 2, 2013 Sorry Gordo, you've been knocked down a peg on fastest hot laps. 1. Rick Kelly - V8 supercar, Calder Park 2. Sinisha - RB26DETT powered Z, Sandown 3. Gordo - PMC powered 240Z, Phillip Island 4. Taking applications........... You know what. After thinking about it. Gordo is equal second with Sinisha. The RB26DETT was super fast, but Gordos a hell of a driver! Quote
BobsYourUncle Posted September 2, 2013 Posted September 2, 2013 I went around QLD Raceway with Craig Lowndes in the 888 car a while back (a year or two before they went to holden), and you're right, it sure is something. The braking was just as impressive as the acceleration I reckon. Quote
Riceburner Posted September 3, 2013 Posted September 3, 2013 Sounds like a blast Simon. How were you lucky enough to score this? Quote
MaygZ Posted September 3, 2013 Posted September 3, 2013 It was over so fast, ......... That's what she said. Overall. One of the best experiences I've had. Not what she said! Quote
Cozza Posted September 3, 2013 Posted September 3, 2013 got to love those V8 nissan motors Yeah I do and I am looking forward to them getting some points. They have been very hot and cold so far this season, mostly cold. I know it's early days but I was hoping for another Godzilla hammering. Quote
luvemfast Posted September 3, 2013 Author Posted September 3, 2013 Sounds like a blast Simon. How were you lucky enough to score this? Right place, right time, right people! That's what she said. Not what she said! Don't care on both accounts! Quote
dat240z Posted September 3, 2013 Posted September 3, 2013 That's what she said. Not what she said! Hahahaha Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.