Herbonius Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 I've just moved to a new apartment in Melbourne's inner east and unfortunately, there is no parking whatsoever. I really, really don't want to have to sell my Z so I was wondering, does anyone know of any cheap undercover parking options? Dan Quote
zedevan Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 do you have another car you can use to drive to where the zed is parked? if not, you probably need to be more specific about where you've moved to. most convenient thing is to start asking neighbors and offer them cash Quote
Herbonius Posted August 23, 2013 Author Posted August 23, 2013 I'm living on the corner of Chapel Street and High Street so unfortunately my neighbours are coffee shops, pubs and convenience stores. I ride a motorbike too so I was planning to ride to where the car is parked when I need to drive. Funny timing actually, great video just went up this week on Petrolicious about car enthusiasts storing their cars in the NYC! Quote
Scoota G Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 If you don't need to drive it and if it needs some repairs book it into a busy restoration shop. That way it can sit there for six months before they even look at it giving you time to sort something else. Quote
44014 Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 EASY! You have a motorbike so what you do is park your car at the international airport long term carparking. leave it there for as long as you want .. when you want to get it out ride your motorbike in get a ticket and then drive out saying you had something come up and had to leave straight away . and when you put it back in just ride the bike out a opening somewhere Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted August 23, 2013 Administrators Posted August 23, 2013 Only problem with that is airport might sell it to recoup loss if they think its been abandoned. Try looking on Gumtree for a storage place or workshop. I'm thinking a few Auszcar members should go in on a workshop space and split the rent. Would work perfect for me in Sydney. Quote
KatoKid Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Dan. You are a dedicated Zaholic. Everyone has choices and choosing to live in downtown Melbourne, much like downtown Manhattan has its drawbacks (great video by the way). I work in the CBD and everyone in our office asks why I live so far "out of town"? I choose to because it works for me. Cant help you with any suggestions but I hope you can find something that works for you. David Quote
44014 Posted August 24, 2013 Posted August 24, 2013 Only problem with that is airport might sell it to recoup loss if they think its been abandoned. Try looking on Gumtree for a storage place or workshop. I'm thinking a few Auszcar members should go in on a workshop space and split the rent. Would work perfect for me in Sydney. There are dozens of cars at bris melb and syd airport that only move once a year . I know of a Ferrari at the Melbourne airport that did not move for over a year every time I walked through the car park it just had a thicker layer of dust on it. Quote
peter t Posted September 14, 2013 Posted September 14, 2013 There are dozens of cars at bris melb and syd airport that only move once a year . I know of a Ferrari at the Melbourne airport that did not move for over a year every time I walked through the car park it just had a thicker layer of dust on it. STOLEN ;D ;D Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.