Hi from Adelaide - my 260z 2+2

Hi everyone,

After not owning a Datsun for around 17 years I’ve finally picked up a car I’ve always wanted - it’s a 1975 Datsun 260z 2+2 - and yes I’ve actually always preferred the 4 seat look!

An added bonus now is that I have 4 young kids, so this means I can cruise with at least *some* of them in tow (we’ll need a roster system haha).

The car itself needs some work before we talk about cruising. It’s been stored for a few years and I’ll need to find some time to look over all the fluids? New Petrol? battery? And plugs? (I assume) and then hopefully she starts up... I’ve heard the L28s are notoriously hardy after a long rest!?

Any advice on where to go (mechanics or enthusiasts) for help would be much appreciated. Paying in cash, beer, pizza etc.

Cheers,

Alex

F3C29541-9FF4-4112-A2A5-FB3828C3E281.png

577B8C08-2AB6-4325-87FC-116DB27C332F.jpeg

DE6066CA-7E81-4175-AE35-9C3449E08C8D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi Alex,

Welcome aboard. Nothing wrong with preferring the 2+2, there are a few of us who prefer the Bus.

With a little luck she won’t be too hard to get started, they are indeed an engine that seems to recover from hibernation well.

You should be able to find all the info you need on these pages - if you can’t find what you need just ask.

Cheers

PB

Update! :) After the weekend she runs and drives!

I changed out the fluids, new battery, coil, plugs, cleaned the fuel pump, replaced fuel filter and a couple of split hoses... and away she went. Runs smooth and quiet too.

The rear drums were seized but came loose with some banging, and a brake bleed. 

Heres the ol girl down at the servo and the shops... still pretty covered in barn dust, a bit of rust, sticks and leaves.

F1536124-E5F1-4EC5-BB20-ECA1C671D547.jpeg

C4003C92-16E7-48CB-A4A3-AA2F764C4706.jpeg

• 1 year later...