Next VicZCar '07 SUMMER! Cruise/Run - Updated!

C.A.R.

Hi All,

We are currently in the VERY early stages of planning another Weekend away in November.

Dates are most likely to be: 10th & 11th of November.

Make sure you can attend this weekend in full - Don't miss out!

There will be some AWESOME roads to be had!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Any further updates on this November cruise?

Perhaps a firming up of the dates?

I believe Nov 9 is a Friday.

My 20c worth; It might be a good idea to leave on the morning of Sat 10 Nov and perhaps come back on the Monday 12 Nov? Those that want to leave on teh Sunday could do so if taking the Monday off is hard for them. Any how just a contribution as the dates are nearing of course up to you Craig as I believe you have a pretty good route in mind. I can't wait to use my new sticky external video camera mount. Evan's also bought one so should be able to get heaps of good quality Z cruise footage. I might do a test run this weekend to see how low I can get the camera in windy roads, will pot a vid, ah waffling!

Might be a good idea to have people e-mail a dedicated organiser to weed out the flop floppers...

Sulio

Hi guys. Well lets lock in the weekend date of 10-11 Nov for sure. Give or take a day either side depending on interest. I was planning on having a meeting with a few guys on the 17th this month to lock in a route. I might move this forward. You guys might want to let me know here what you would prefer. At this stage I had 3 routes in mind.

1) Head up to the Grampians for the weekend. Nice roads up there.

2) Head up to Mt Buller stay in a Chellet for the Sat night.

3) Head up to Mt Hotham as perviously mention but this would need to be over 3 days given the distance. One night at Bright and the other at Mt Hotham Chellet.

I am happy to go with the majority so let me know what you would like to do.

I think just to make it easy on everyone we will just make it the weekend. Although Evans idea of leaving Friday arvo is a great one I think it will become too much hassle to ensure everyone is right to go by taking half a day off work. So having said that let's work on meeting at 9.00am Saturday morning at a place to be advised. I will ring around and try to find out what accommodation is available at both The Grampians and Buller. That might help me make a decision. Either way it should be relatively cheap if a few of us share. I still plan on having a meeting at the Stamford Hotel in Rowville 7.30 Wednesday 17/10/07 to lock in plans for this trip and also the Tassie trip next year. So feel free to come along for a beer and throw in some of your own ideas. I am flexible and will always do what the majority want. I am similar to most of you. Don't care as long as I am cruising in my car. Cheers

G,day Fella's,

Another option would be ome up the Princess Highway to Bairnsdale the to Bruthen turn left up The Great Alpine Road through Ensay,Swifts Creek to Omeo for an overnight stay.Next day (sore head?) Omeo to Dinner Plain & Mt Hotham then down the Mountain to Harrietville & Bright then over to Myrtleford & onto the Hume Freeway or follow the old Hume to Melbourne through Seymour, Kilmore,Wallan ect.

A comfortable 2 day cruise with plenty of winding roads to choose, also plenty of small towns to stop for coffee or the odd winery.

I might be able to do a deal on accommodation in Omeo for the Saturday Night also

Just a thought  Jim

Hi Jim thanks for the suggestion and whilst I know they are great roads it would be to far for a weekend drive. Something like that needs to be done over 3 days. That Sunday would have us driving for 7-8 hours not to mention stops. Way to long in a Zed. Whilst they are nice they aint a Commodore cruise mobile. I aim for around 4 hours driving. My experience in 3 (6 day) Tours of Tassie the feed back from people is they like to take their time, cruise, stop, chat, eat etc. Arrive in plenty of time to look around set up at the bar and get ready for dinner. Ha. You are more than welcome to come along if you can make it. :)

Hi all,

I'm back from the dead(just in case anyone was wondering where I had got to...)

Jimbo's option is great, we did it several years ago (& meet Jimbo doing this). Roads are great and it makes a fantastic round trip.

Stay at the Golden Age when in Omeo, (jim can confirm this)...

Cheers,

Zedrally,

(Retired & loving every minute....)

G,day Fella's,

Another option would be ome up the Princess Highway to Bairnsdale the to Bruthen turn left up The Great Alpine Road through Ensay,Swifts Creek to Omeo for an overnight stay.Next day (sore head?) Omeo to Dinner Plain & Mt Hotham then down the Mountain to Harrietville & Bright then over to Myrtleford & onto the Hume Freeway or follow the old Hume to Melbourne through Seymour, Kilmore,Wallan ect.

A comfortable 2 day cruise with plenty of winding roads to choose, also plenty of small towns to stop for coffee or the odd winery.

I might be able to do a deal on accommodation in Omeo for the Saturday Night also

Just a thought   Jim

I am not doubting Jimbo's route is a good one. In fact that was my first option over 3 days. But given the interest and limitation on people getting a day off we decided to stay with a weekend option. I still think 7 hours driving in one day gets a bit tiresome (Melb to Harrietville 5.5hrs, 45min to top of Hotham, ?? to Omeo) Not including stops. But feel free to organise the trip sometime and see if we can get the numbers. I would be in it for sure over 3 days.  :). Sounds like we have a good group ready to go on the weekend 10-11th anyway. Cheers

it was pointed out to me that our chosen weekend is when the rally of melbourne is on, which i was planning on going to watch.  Naturally i'd prefer to b driving a car than watching them, so i'd still come along but was wondering if another weekend would suit better?

Oops, RoM...Thats my yearly Official Licence "officilling duties" so I can compete next year...

perhaps we can try for a 3 day next year travelling in reverse, ie Melb, Sale Bairnsdale Omeo ......

Cheers

MOM

Sorry Even but the dates are locked in and we already have a number of takers so I hope you can still make it. I have found that if I keep changing dates to accommodate people then the trip will never go ahead. So once they are down they are locked in.

As for the 3 day long weekend I am up for that next year. I am happy to organise it if we can get enough people who indicate they are willing to take a day off and make it a big weekend. :-)

Feel free to rock along to the meeting this wednesday night in rowville if you are interested in coming to the Tassie trip or to play a part in nominating which direction we drive to on the 10-11th Nov Weekend.

OK we had a meeting last night and since the Grampians Accommodation I was after was booked out it was decided that we go to Mt Buller. There are rooms available at the Mt Buller Challet. Can you please either respond on this forum or email me private if you are interested in coming along. then I can give you details of times, meeting places etc. Plus I can book some accommodation. I should have my in car camera working for some nice shots. Cheers

Excellent. I'm looking forward to this one. Well put me down on that list mate. Wow that will be three video cameras, looking forward to putting it all down on you tube when we get back. And after the last cruise to Apollo Bay I would say hand held radios for communication to be a must for me.

Sulio