Jump to content

saxon

Members
  • Posts

    427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by saxon

  1. that's an awesome idea. I hate the look of new head units.
  2. Great car, great price. Sorry to hear you have to let such a great thing go.
  3. and people say I'm molesting my car
  4. Call me crazy but there's something I love about this gear knob. It just has this simple and classic feel to it. Some of the MSA are okay, but I feel strongly drawn to this one, so for that reason I am considering paying up for it... Had a look at Adam's build, I'd probably prefer to get the knob complete as I want it, cause then I'd have to go looking around for a face piece that I like, and that would probably take longer.
  5. Hi all, I'm after a wooden 240z 5 speed shifter knob, like the one pictured below: I found them on ebay, but before forking out $140 of my hard earned moneys, I'm wondering if anyone has seen them anywhere at a better price, or a similar alternative? Cheers! Hamish
  6. From what I hear, fender mirrors are pretty useless so the only thing going for them is aesthetics. Personally I like the look, but the Z has to be clean and aggressive stanced for them to look good.
  7. and ABBA! I'll forgive this monstrosity because of ABBA.
  8. a parking aid!? hmmm. The more I look at this car the more I hate it. Worst shade of red. Ugly wheels. The tail light area that is usually black is coloured in. I am biased against Swedish people though ever since a Swedish friend came and crashed at my house for 4 months then tried to feel up my girlfriend. Stupid Swedish people.
  9. nice nice. Good photography as always Stivva. Any pics from the front?
  10. love it!!! more pics please!
  11. I don't like it. Black airdam and flares make such a difference, makes it pop.
  12. To be honest... no. The price of the 2+2 is too high. You will find that 2 seats cost around 5k more for the same condition and are easier to sell. Go for Benny's car, not only will you get a car that looks better, it will have a higher resale value. Only go for the 2+2 if you can beat his price down below 9k.
  13. good stuff. thanks!
  14. Hi all, Can anyone recommend a place to buy a replacement for the leather that surrounds the shifter? Cheers, Hamish
  15. http://www.rimtuck.com/setup/view/1060 ^ Check out the above link. No chrome and it looks awesome. Colour matching flares, bumpers, and spoilers black is definitely the way to go.
  16. Beautiful! I'll save this link for the next person who says that adding flares to an S30 is molesting it.
  17. The savings have to be 10% of the total, not just the freight. In my instance, suspension was $1600, freight was $300. Gst on that would be 190. So to be worth wild, postage would have to be reduced from $300 to $110. Or youd have to get a group discount out of him.
  18. For your calculations... I wasnt charged gst on my suspension from him, even though it was over 1000. Maybe cause it came in 2 packages. You would certainly pay gst on a group buy, so youd need to save at least 10% to make it worth wild.
  19. I live 10 minutes away so ill be there. Not displaying cause my z is not what you would call tidy.
  20. Congrats! Looks good.
  21. Most people know this one. Sometimes refered to as MSA. I purchased a diamond vinyl kit and some emblems from there, pretty happy. They have a reputation for being over priced on a couple of things. I recommend comparing prices with www.blackdragonauto.com - they have a large range of products, but its in a catalogue, not a nice website, and the customer service is more basic (no email query service). I got a full rubber kit from black dragon from half the price of that of the local rubber guys. I haven't fitted the vinyl or the rubber yet but they look good so far.
  22. Was 4k with tyres shipped to the door. Would have been 3.8 if i shipped them seperate but a miscommunication led me to believe the shipping included gst.
  23. No worries joiji. They are from tru-fit in frankston vic. I wouldnt recommend buying from them unless you can take your car there. I didnt hear from them for 6 weeks after buying. Turns out they had 3 different templates and werent sure which one to use, and didnt figure it would be a good idea to contact me to let me know. In the end i went there and he found the right one. If they fit as well as they look ill forgive them
  24. Thanks Simon. Maybe you should fit it to your own car. Then you might actually be able to step into it normally.
  25. ooooo I just noticed your display pic. Is it done???
×
×
  • Create New...