Jump to content

saxon

Members
  • Posts

    427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by saxon

  1. I think the curvey and rounded lines of the 90s and early 2000s will continue to age very quickly. Cars like mx-5s, supras, rx7s with the flowing body shape will age fast and not become collectible, whereas more gutsy, angular, and boxy edged cars like Skyline GTR will hold their value, maybe increase. 240z will increase in status as people catch on to how good they look. And as more people irreversibly molest them, eventually every Zed will have flares, dish, and spoilers, and the price will go through the roof! Thats my opinion.
  2. Another option. $400 each +postage is pretty cheap right? http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v223028052&thumb=http://f4.auctions.c.yimg.jp/f07batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/3/8/0/asahi4125-thumb-1327109641533673.jpg&title=S30Z%20GC10%20GC110 Original Jap yahoo page http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v223028052
  3. I got my 260z about 6 months ago. I would never sell it. I'm hoping I can finish all the aesthetics within 6 months, and then all the mechanical side in another 6 months after that. I don't want a 7 year project!
  4. I recently bought ccws from the usa. Shipping was a grand. My advice is get tyres over there, its cheaper and doesnt add much to postage. Ship each wheel seperate so you dont pay gst.
  5. Yeah not worth the hassle. They were from qld so to send them back would have been a pain in the ass. I think the wear on them is fixable, worst thing is there is a plastic piece missing on the back of the passenger head rest. Lesson learned. Still happy with them though. Lurch did a great job!
  6. yeah I know, bought them off ebay with minimal photos and the sellers word they were in great condition. Learned a lesson there. I'll touch them up some time.
  7. Yesterday I went to Lurch's to get my passenger side s2000 seat put in. To get it in he had to hammer in the transmition tunnel and raise the rear by about 20mm. Lurch's head touches the roof when he sits in it but I don't know many people the size of Lurch so I don't think it'll be an issue. I'm very happy we got it in
  8. Really love that second one. The colour and wheels go so well together. Hard to stop looking at it!
  9. Looks good. I agree, will not last long.
  10. Global Warming doesn't exist. Carbon Tax can suck my balls.
  11. I bought a rubber kit off them. Front and Rear window rubber fits no worries, that's all I've put in so far. I just purchased it straight up, then when they emailed me to confirm if I was okay with postage costs, I sent them my queries.
  12. I got a diamond vinyl kit from MSA. I have only test fitted it so far but it looks pretty good. They even put the slot for the hand brake on the correct side
  13. there is a thread on seat fitments on hybridz. IIRC it is possible but requires the trans tunnel to be bashed in a bit with a hammer.
  14. Second one looks much better I think. I hope it's cheaper too.
  15. another one! Just had a classic Jap car show a couple of months ago, aren't we spoiled. I'll be there!
  16. Lurch.. always trying to find ways for me to have a smaller engine
  17. Im still on the look for that l28 if anyone has one lying around.
  18. Differences: 1. The sides extended and are flush with the car, BRE has a large gap on the sides. 2. It stands up straighter. BRE is at a slight angle out. 3. It has a lip that hangs over the edge of the hatch. I assume this is removable if you dislike it. 4. It doesn't have a raised section on the right hand side like some do. Ie. The bit where toecutter put a fairlady emblem on. The topstage spoiler fixes all of what I feel are design flaws in the BRE spoiler, I have test fitted one and it is excellent.
  19. But you dont get random people give you the thumbs up as you drive around in an mx5.
  20. yeah, makes sense... I guess... it's not impossible to find 16" tires though. And everyone knows that zed's and watanabe's are like cookies and cream so if you gonna rip them off you might as well do it properly.
  21. 240 and 260 coupe are very similar, I don't think there's a difference in value unless it's a very early 240. Some 260 specific parts can be slightly harder to find.
  22. Here's my rota question: Why are the RBX's made in 17"? The most popular Zed watanabe set up under flares is 9.0" front 9.5"rear, but 16" diameter. If they were 16" instead I would have bought a set.
  23. That is the first car I went to go see when I decided to buy a zed. I loved it so much I almost bought it right then. Congrats on the buy and enjoy it!
×
×
  • Create New...