Jump to content

stevofoxono

Members
  • Posts

    309
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by stevofoxono

  1. I had the same problem when i drove back from Sydney. 40y/o cars generally have old hoses. Make sure all the hoses are replaced and clamped on tight. If there are any cracks/kinks that could be your problem. I thought it was a fuel pump issue aswell when i was stuck on the side of the road but it was just the tiny bit of hose going from the fuel pump to the rail that was buggered. Hope that helps! Cheers
  2. The z31 being your only 2 seater you can't get rid of it and you're only a 240/350/370 away from owning the full set
  3. In a few years if you're looking to offload it I'd love to take it off your hands I miss my old z31. I recon if i had another one with the knowledge I have now i could keep it from catching alight lol
  4. Hi all My z is half in primer and just before paint or anything happens I want to see if i can track down any bits and pieces. I'm looking for a drivers side headlight bucket in steel (willing to trade my plastic one+cash on top for a swap in Brisbane) Possibly a drivers side mirror (only after genuine, pics please ) At some point I'd like to track down a dash without cracks or a skin and bumper over-riders cause I think they look wicked lol Cheers *EDIT* My hatch has a fair bit of rust, If anyone has a spare one in good nick I'd more then happily buy it+pay freight. Cheers
  5. you can have my front one for free. I bought a new one from south australia and my one is just chilling in a pile of various 280zx/240z parts its pretty straight apart from one dint right near the mount on the drivers side. not sure if it can be fixed but the price is right lol
  6. haha that'd be awesome, I'll give you 50% of the winnings for your trouble Shouldn't be a problem tracking down some new rubber, Brakes wise I have new disks up front+new pads+new shoes+ new hoses. Only recently replaced everything so its all in good nick.
  7. Fingers crossed I'll have my zed on the road within the next month (If everything goes according to plan) and I'll start looking at track days and all. Would joining the z club be the best avenue to getting some run time in? Apart from my loan culling half of my pay check every fortnight I have a fairly free flowing income so getting a cams licence may not be out of the question
  8. Hi all, There's a bloke at work that never shuts up about how awesome his skyline is (like all skyline drivers lol) and myself stiring some sh#t I told him my 72 Zed could beat him round a track. I kept throwing out the line and I got a bite every single time but now I've dug myself a bit of a hole At the end of the year we're going to QR for a bit of a burn around the track and there is now a $500 wager. I know I can't win (Unless he goes off the track or something) and even if I spend a lot of money a worked L24 wouldn't keep up with a worked rb26 But I was thinking if i got a few other zeds together we could race a little dirty and box him in I just need one lap just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? Nothing like sticking it to the skyline guys lol. I could probably persuade him in to coming to the next time LAPZ Would anyone be interested in helping me out? haha Cheers
  9. thats a mighty small battery to have in a zed
  10. Going to keep it white My first car was a 1982 white 280zx with the red interior. It was a bit of a eye sore and had more rust then steel but i loved it. Hurt when i was made to sell it lol Gav I Promise I'll keep it pretty original. Not going down the flares/tail route, not putting in the after market seat/wheel/gear knob or any of that stuff in. I may sneak in some modern speakers somewhere and hide a head unit somewhere in the back but i won't be drilling/cutting anything. even now i'm a bit 50-50 on the air dam lol. I'm getting both the air dam and the original lip painted so i'll have the option Everything I do will be reversible and whats wrong with my 432 exhaust? RB I hope you and your dad will go to pick up the next zed it will be worth it. Nothing quiet like going for a road trip in a car thats not quiet all there haha. Couldn't imagine going for a drive with nothing going wrong, it would be boring lol So Down to business About a month ago i went on the pursuit to find someone to tackle rust repair and paint. I neither have the time/experience/tools/courage to do it myself lol. I visited close to a dozen panel beaters, some referred by my dad and some through my own work contacts (I sell bosch batteries) and only 2 we're keen to tackle the job. Their minimum quote was my max to spend, the perks of being young and poor lol. I came up with the idea of going to the local car meet at munchies with a sign saying "i need rust+Paint, do you know of anyone that can help?" and that's how I met Will. Probably the only bloke to admit he loves rust. I've been really fortunate with the people I've found so far. Faith in humanity restored lol. Luckily as well Will was happy to have me come round on the weekends and give him a hand. He had previously owned his own restoration shop and the other cars there were absolutely brilliant. I dropped the car off on Wednesday and this is how it was on Saturday morning Front all off lots of sections with paint removed to expose the z's past As you can see here its had a hit in the back and someones drilled heaps of holes and pulled it out the ding by pulling out the prang and bogging over the top Same with the other side, its a bit hard to see tho drivers side dog leg not to bad Passengers side much worse lol A dodgy repair that started rusting. I was all excited thinking it was a plate covering where a fender mirror would go but apparently it had only been done a dew years prior. Both arches about the same condition, lots of little bits and pieces. Stripped the interior while Will was busy burning all the rust out. he fixed up the guard and the smoothed out all the holes. Bit of a action shot around the tail lights passengers dog leg opened up Its just about 12:30 and my brains cactus (as you can probably see from the decline of writing lol) I'll polish up this post tomorrow and post up the repairs and not just the rust. Cheers for looking, night all
  11. I ended up scoring some 7" headlights for $20 off the bay they are a bit different as well *stirs pot* lol It's been a while since i posted anything about the z. last month has been flat out. Here's a bit of a tease more photos to come. Off to work on the 240 now haha
  12. Hi mate, If you're looking into hoarding s130 parts I've got a 1979 slick top I'm willing to sell or part out (If i can get enough interest) The mirrors ~ Good glass, electrics work and its black with lil flakes in it Cheers
  13. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-Fairlady-240Z-Metal-Pocket-Watch-BLACK-Nissan-S30-Classic-Nostalgic-/261050099575?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc7cc6777#ht_1776wt_1037 For anyone looking for a fancy gift for a fellow Z owner or something awesome for yourself there's 3 different ones. Pretty keen on the red one
  14. I'm a massive macgyver fan. stories are all warm and fuzzy and what he comes up with is pretty awesome. This arvo when i got back from working on the Z my hands were covered with grease and normal soap is pretty useless so i grabbed some dish washing liquid and laundry powder and rubbed it on my hands and they're clean enough to eat off lol. Thought it'd be pretty interesting finding out if anyone has some unusual ways of doing stuff (car related or not) with random house hold items
  15. I might have to drive past next Saturday then How much is tint going to cost? I'm pretty keen to do the same, Keep my interior from fading and keep the girls guessing who's driving the sexy car lol Mate one day you should come to the car meet Friday night in acacia ridge. I got lots of love even with the condition my z is in at the moment Would be cool if we got a z corner going. There's a lot of awesome 50/60/70s mostly american muscle. Unfortunately for every descent car theres probably 1.5 shitty commodores but they park round the back/side and keep reasonably quiet lol
  16. brownies clarks rubber is close enough to go to and i wont have to wait so long lol. I fixed the hatch lock yesterday arvo so i did some exploring under the carpet. I found a near complete gasket kit and lots of rubber. enough for the doors+the bonnet+pretty sure there are pieces for the rear quarters. I just need some rubber for the hatch. Peter were you driving around moss street yesterday morning?
  17. theres an idea cheers! how long did they take in the mail and what was the postage like mate?
  18. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-Z-240Z-280Z-280ZX-N42-P90-E88-E31-P90A-Ceramic-Coated-Header-NEW-/150830739201?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231e366f01#ht_4565wt_1037 Group buy?
  19. I haven't posted mine up but jdm_hiss if you want a 280zx I'll sell you mine has had a fair bit of work done, new bushes, new injectors, new fuel pump, pallnet fuel rail, non egr intake manifold, 3 core aluminium radiator, (tis a manual) If your good at rust repair it'l be perfect for you
  20. Hi all, The zed is soon off to the body shop for a bit of surgery and a skin graft. Before hand i need to track down some rubber seals, The ones on atm are pretty much buggered. Chunks missing and its all feathering. I found this on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Complete-Body-Rubber-Kit-Datsun-240Z-Coupe-/160749282346?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256d67642a#ht_1926wt_905 which isn't to far away from home but its a bit pricey. Is there anywhere that sells some rubber cheap or anyone have any they'd be willing to sell? Cheers
  21. I might be keen depending how much it is, Same car is on ebay for bout $200-$250 (Blue one) Pretty sure both come clear tho so colour/finish is really up to you. Group buy would be awesome haha
  22. Been a fairly quiet week, Been buying a few bits and pieces from ebay and calling up lots of panel beaters. One bloke is keen to paint (3k but doesn't do rust) One is keen to do rust and paint (atleast 4k rust and 6k for mining truck paint..? lol) and lastly one is keen to do both but i haven't recieved a quote yet. they should be the cheapest out of the lot, Apart from that the other dozen panel beaters didn't want anything to do with me lol I did pick up a kameari air dam from d3c0y. he lives on the steepest hill I've ever driven on lol. Love seeing other peoples zeds At first the fit looked pretty average but apparently its just because my bumper is so bent.. It was actually pulling my guards out, Drivers side about 2 inches and the passengers side 1 inch going to order one of the ebay bumper bars unless someone has a spare one in good nick floating around? lol For something me and my mate elliot installed it went surprisingly well. Had no problems at all and the fibre glass didn't crack or anything Day: Night: I don't like how it looks without the bumper and the weird lil indicators don't really suit the car. Going to track down some orange bulbs after lunch and change my parkers to indicators and put the parkers in 7" domes. Next (if it doesn't get sent off to the panel beaters this week) is my bush kit and headlights, Not putting halo's on this one btw lol
×
×
  • Create New...