Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. What can I say, they make the rockin world go round.
  2. I was going to put the rear end of the car back together and realised the brake lights themselves could do with a touch up. Tools Req: Small cut down paint brush Clean rag Autosol Metho A plastic lense cleaner like PlastiX First of all you need to remove the plastic lense from the globe retaining body. To do this you need to pre-heat your oven to about 80'C and pop the whole unit in for a bout 5 mins. This process softens sikaflex the allowing you to seperate the two. Once apart use metho and the brush (cut down to make the brisles rigid) to clean up what you can of the plastic lense, especially and dirt which has found it's way in there. Also give the globe retainer a going over too. Then use the lense cleaner and a rag to restore the inside of the plastic. Remember you want to use a polishing light motion here. I found that when finished some white goo remained in the little nooks and cranies but just use the brush and a little metho again here to get rid of it. Once the inside is complete, place the two units together so you can repete the process to the outside but not get your greasy mits all over the inside which has been cleaned. Then give the chromed trim a wipe with Autosol to shine it up. Reinstallation involves heating up the silkaflex again and pushing the two halves together. Finished product. It's hard to see much difference in the shots and they weren't exactly bad to begin with but there's great potential to be had. Cheers
  3. I'm definently not a fan of the vertical twins tips.
  4. RB30X

    Strut Bars

    So how much did it cost you to land one of those strut braces from over seas??
  5. RB30X

    Strut Bars

    Pics would be great thanks mate. I was going to have a go of making some myself.
  6. Did you get them recently as their web site lists them as no longer available?
  7. Ahh nice. Thanks Pete I might have to borrow that template at some stage. I've looked on ebay for carpets but maybe they just haven't been on recently. Or do you mean floor pans?? I've looked a few aussie sites and they seem to be discontinued. Maybe Lurch could start selling some to make that press/roller pay for itself??
  8. I hope with all the effort you're putting in you arn't going to use that awfully restrcitive dump pipe flange. External or internal wastegate??
  9. I don't know about any one else but I'd like to see the size of the boat you're talking about when you say those SU's could anchour it.
  10. how loud is that??
  11. I'm sure when you're finished it still won't weigh as much as an na manifold, those suckers are heavy.
  12. Sure is mate. I just wanted to get this engine running before it sacrificed it's spot for a bigger brother. I did some work in the drivers side foot well today and AHHHHH I found some rust. I must say i was feeling pretty left out for a while there but now I definently feel like part of the gang. From underneath it looks like the passenger side is worse. At least you can buy new floor pans for them can't you?? And carpet kits? I've done a search but all you guys seem to have done is use your old ones for a template which is cool but I don't have any carpet to begin with so what do you recommend? Cheers
  13. Today I dodgely wired up the starter motor and kicked the engine over for a bit without the spark plugs in to pump some oil round the 2.4L. Then I primed the mech fuel pump and eventually got some fuel coming through the lines. I pulled the carbies off (they were already off) and there wasn't much I could do today so I just covered them on wd40 and put some silicone on the flange due to the gasket being in about 100 pieces and kicked it over again with the plugs in. I had no choke linkage or throttle so I rigged up some rope. I wired up the coil and checked the plugs for spark and there was?? So I grabbed the video camera and tried again as per forum rules. I must admit I tried once before the actual vid because I honestly didn't think it would fire. It's missing a few?? pots but it did run I don't think the vacuum advance is working but I haven't confirmed this with a timing light and it won't run without the choke (rope). Bear in mind the vid is without a water pump. Excuse the water mark, I've just got a new computer and my vid editing software which I just recently paid for is not transfering. :-\
  14. Hmm, that link is extremely similar to the one I posted above.
  15. http://datsunzgarage.com/engine/ This one is a lot simpler than the link I sent you previously.
  16. OOh Happy Days......... So the Z has finally made it to its new home. We've had a bit of a bonding session just now when I washed it for the first time. Couple of rust bubbles through the not so flash paint job, but the red is starting to grow on me. So the final purchase price was $low so I'm very pleased, especially since it was really the only one available in about 8000kms, and the interior as you've seen is in quite good nic and rust wise it isn't that bad (I'm sure you've all said that at some stage). I do have to find a front bumper, grill and air dam. Repair some rust around the window sill before I get the glass installed, then try to fire up the engine after I give it a quick (see: long) going over.
  17. Did you have any dramas fitting those extractors? I also bought a set and wouldn't even come close to fitting due to no.1 primary fouling on the block vent and it's flange hitting on the thermostat housing.
  18. How much did the hot tanking cost and did you just get the block done? cheers
  19. Where did you get the LSD for the diff (R200??)
  20. That is an expensive but effective bit of gear. Not Z related but 2 V8 super cars on the quarter mile isn't something you see everyday. Not a bad time really considering they are built for high speed.
  21. Yeah I've got both if you want one.. I got mine out by putting a piece of rubber around it and using a small pipe wrench. You're right I've bought a set of those ebay extractors and it does foul on both types of block vent pipes like yours shown, as well as the coolant housing???
  22. No chance, the primaries would be too small. At a minimum, you could check the condition of the exhaust turbine wheel.
  23. Sure is , someone sure got a cheap deal. Car comes tomorrow.
  24. OK, the interior is here, bar a couple of small items see here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,4529.0.html Almost all the trim pieces are in excellent condition. The seats, center console and dash are awesome.
  25. pics of the door
×
×
  • Create New...