-
Posts
1,742 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by 620Z
-
Ahh sounds nice. Nothing beats two pipes on either side on a Zed.
-
Pride of place in the living room. Got to love that. Ha Looks really nice. How many litres does it hold? Are you going to run an exhaust either side now?
-
Interesting. Haven't seen them before.
-
I will bring the beast out for a look (not a run) if the weather is OK. Have fun boys.
-
I say stop being a tight ass and spend $10,000- to fix all your problems once and for all. You know all this stuffing around and tune ups have probably cost you over $5,000- over the last 10 years anyway. Sometimes you have to spend money to save it dude.
-
Hey everyone. Guess who just got their licence back?
620Z replied to dan280zxt's topic in Introductions and Forum Etiquette
Nice 2 seater! I'd like to see that on the road some day. -
Ha Ha tough love Jane. Classic! Happy birthday Lurchos. You me and Dimitri are pretty damn close. Cheers
-
Well done mate. Looks really nice. I look forward to seeing it on the road.
-
Sad to hear you are heading off Rev. All the best in your adventure and safe travels.
-
Gordo you want reliability. You have a fast car but need drivability and like you say. You can waste a lot of cash on tuning carbs and still never get it right. You race the car regularly and have done for 15 years, probably more. So go for the fuel injection. You won't regret it. Who knows you might even save some money after 10 more years of running it like that. You know the you will still have the car then. Go for it!
-
2014! Wow that is a long way off. At the rate Zeds turn over 20% of the people on here with one won't have one mid 2014. As I said you have to ask yourself who are you doing the run for?
-
No offence taken Scott. Pride has nothing to do with it. I thought we covered this earlier and decided to make it Zed only for now and then 8-12 months out look at openning it up if the need was there. If you start mudying the waters with sponsors, outside money and charities then I am tipping it will never get off the ground. Same as the Tassie trip. You need to focus on why we are doing the trip. It is for us. Not for anyone else. Not media coverage or any charity. Focus on the main game first and get it locked in before considering expanding it to other things.
-
Let's not get carried away with the guiness world records. We only have maybe 20 takers at present. I was just passing my preference. You guys do what ever you like.
-
Maybe there was some confusion between a Zed only and a ZX. In my mind they are a fare bit different models. You could easily get 20-30 300ZX's along. To me I think that would over shadow us! They do there own stuff. Like I suggested before I would be keeping it Zed only for now. Ten with 6-12 months to go maybe water it down if need be. Having said all that I am certainly not adverse to 2- 3 of them coming along. But you contact a few 300Zx Clubs early on with an open invitation and this could change what the run was inteded for in my mind.
-
I think if you start openning up the door to 300ZX's this early then you might find there is more of them than Zeds. I wouldn't be keen on that at all. I thought it was just Zeds for now? Just my 20cents.
-
Don't worry John. It's difficult to generate interest this far out. Soldier on and as the master plan takes shape with real dates and routes 10-12 months out then we go the hard sell by contacting various Datsun or Zed Clubs around the country. Direct email outs and of course then we do sponsors and charities. To early days for those things yet.
-
John, for the record there is no way you will make it from Melbourne to Port Pirie in one day if you want to go via Great Ocean road. We can do that any time. I suggest you change the Melbourne route to be direct for the purposes of these early stages. Then with 6 months to go if a splinter group feel 6 days driving is not enough then they can organise the detour down south. But let's keep it simple for now. I can tell you these roads to Central Australia are not boring. Especially at 120-140klms which is the current speed limit I think? Plus with a big group, stops and possible mechanical break downs. We won't be bored. Just my 20 cents worth.
-
OK I think we might want to try and put this trip into contect. We are probably looking at around $3,000- for the full round trip including fuel and accommodation etc from Victoria. Probably less if you are planning on camping it. But bear in mind you get 4 people into a motel room you will only be looking at around $30- a head max. Camping you will pay for a site for $30- and you will have to bring a lot more stuff. But we can nut that out closer to the time.Now John if I may sort of draft up an itinery for say around July/August on a 90 day trip from Melbourne. That is the bulk of people and everyone from their own states would work in to coinside with the meeting point at Ayres Rock. Day 1 Drive just past Adelaide to Port Pirie 900klms. Good Caravan park to stay there. Day 2 Drive to Coober Pedy 637klms. Bit restricted Accommodation but a few on site Van places. Day 3 Drive to Ayres Rock 600klms? Heaps of Accommodation. Day 4 Meet and Greet. Day 5 Climb the Rock Day 6 Drive around Day 7 Head home 600klms to Coober Pedy Day 8 Drive to Port Pirie 637klms Day 9 Drive to Melbourne 900 klms. Of course we can do variances on this. But might be a good guide. This is similar to what I did last year. But starts putting things into picture. Cheers
-
Someone got a bargain. Interesting G-Nose.
-
Nizmozed I am not sure where you get your facts and figures from. The most stretch between fuel fill ups is around 500klms max. Probably really 450 I know I did the trip last year and pulling a Van my Turbo Territory only got 400-450 on a tank of fuel. I only ran out once with 5klms to spare just out of Coober Pedy. But I had a chance to fill before then anyway. So most Zeds with 20litres fuel in a seperate canister in their car will make the journey no worries. Especially if we all carried one. Between us we could all share it around if someone ran out. Let's not focus on negative problems that don't exist otherwise you will never get it off the ground. Stop scaring people away and focus on the positives.
-
There is no way a trip like this would cost 10K. All costs aside from spend on your car is fuel, accommodation and food. Simple. Around $3,000- max I would reckon, depending on your location of course. If it was 10K no one would go. Hell I would do Targa Tassie first :-\. Also accommodation could be anything from $50- to $250- a night. That is dependant on your Budget. We can work that out late. Hell somepeople might want to tent it?
-
I think you would be pushing any S30 with any configuration motor. But if there was interest from other "Z" models then I wouldn't discount them. If you want numbers and we do for an event like this you need to be open minded. A bit like the Tassie or Thredbo runs. We would prefer old time Zeds but if the odd different car cames along so be it. Remember a trip like this is possibly a one off experience and the people are what make it. I guess you would just make a judgement call closer to the time for outsider cars etc. But lets not make to many restrictive participant rules yet. You might want them later when reality sets in and some people start pulling the pin closer to the kick off date. For those tossing around detours etc. I think we should put them to one side for the minute. Lets concentrate on the core tour here. That is up to Ayres Rock and home again. It's a bloody long way and people may not want to go any further. Detours and side trips can be organised by off shoot groups late on when the trip is locked and loaded.
-
Yep totally agree John. Yes the poll really needs to be by state now I think. Then we would probably need to contact users direct and or other Zed car clubs to generate some more interest. As you won't get 50 old Zeds through this forum alone. But it might be possible if we lift the profile which I am sure was your plan anyway. But to me it sounds like a great idea and could work. Hey if we can get 20 Zeds to Thredbo from only a few states then why not 50 to the big rock?
-
I think you with an event like this you should be looking at getting 50 Zeds to the Red Centre. You will probably need to contact members on here from each state and get a direct comittment. You really need a minimum of 6 from each state to make it a truley national even. Oh and for all those guys who's cars aren't on the road, you will need to add them to the list and maybe's only. As you know the deal with 4 weeks to go a flood of emails will come through "oh I know I said I would be coming but my Zed doesn't look like it will be finished in time". Despite a mid 2013 recommended date. Once you start firming up numbers and logistics. Only then would I start adding the complication of raising money and sponsors etc. Basically that all sounds nice. But you need to firm up the event / Numbers etc before seeking out side sponsors and raising money. As as soon as that happens the pressure really starts. I know! Good luck and happy to help out if needed. Cheers Craig
