Dalee's orange 240Z Revival

Scoota G

i enjoyed the slight garage walk through - really explains the reason for refering to the car as 'orange', instead of 'the z' :D

whats the switch you press at the start that would normally be covered by a panel? or is that bit exposed? its been awhile since i've looked at a zed with the bonnet up and the fenders on...

I hooked up two switches, one for the coil and one for the fuel pump. The car has no other wiring ATM and the dash is out. The car needs to go to the Crash Repairers to get straightened and we just wanted to fire the motor before it was removed.

The dash is going for a reskin and there's a bunch of welding to do... It will be at the smash repair place for three weeks (more or less).

Damn what happened?

Ouch, looks like some FUNdersteer..

By the looks of the cars in the background, he was doing runs in the :D mountains?

Might see if Dalee wants to field some questions at this point. Not sure who was with him at the time.

There also was some discussion of a slow leak in one of his tyres. Either way we all banded together in an effort to get Dale's car onto a trailer and onto the boat. We never leave one of our men/cars down and out in the field! Dale jumped in a number of cars for the remainder of the trip.

Well errrr with not a lot of sleep after the boat trip and off to an early start without really getting a feel of our cars and the road surroundings "low flight" had begun on a crisp early morning which is always a recipe for disaster if anyone is struggling to keep up or perhaps driving beyond the cars rubber capability??

I am sure the Tassie trips are much better driver and car prepared these days and more of a team expectation of where the driver fits in with the group of cars they are travelling with? It was also interesting to watch how many S30's did a bulk unload of fuel on the left hand corners they are thirsty enough without donating sumptous amounts of fuel to nature. Lynton ;)

The matching numbers engine came out with a minimum of fuss as did the diff (changing ratio to 3.9) and the 5 speed.

The passenger side engine mount is a bit, well, bent and the two bolts on the drivers side mount had sheared off.

The extractors also copped a pinch too.

A real surpise was dales parts car had a working clock in it :o :o :o

post-762-144023542984_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023542992_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023542999_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023543006_thumb.jpg

Looks like it!!  Yours next?

Red is finished (for now)

Yellow is nearly finished (kick panels and a badge)

Orange will be ready to roll out the door this friday

Haha, mine should be up in the 'rat in a month, so I can finally get off my butt and get some work done on it.

Maybe you can become the ausZcar project manager  ;) Be like a contractor and have 5 on the go at once.

So what's the long term goal for this one? Just bog stock rather than the L28 swap like red? And where's Dale? Isn't he going to post in his project thread? lol  :D

Thought I had better chime in at some stage seeing as though this is my car

This is the car that had an unfortunate incident in Tasmania many years ago now. A Tech screw was picked up in some road works 15km earlier which resulted in a slow puncture to the front PS.  I had just let another NDSOC member past a few km earlier and was just cruising through some twistys, first tight right hander tyre came off the rim (see photo earlier) and that was the result.

Estimated impact speed was 40kp/h.  When I was rescued by the other NDSOC members (thank-you by the way) to get the car back on the boat the screw was discovered in the tyre when we tried to re inflate it.  The head was very worn indicating it had been in the tyre for some kms.

Plan

- same color re paint

- no b/bars

- triple 45s / injection

- cam, as Clarkson would say power

- on original motor

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hey Scoota awesome work, I love the Air Cleaner organge. Where did you get the paint colour from?

Good to see the old girl getting resurrected. A shame about the accident but at least its getting the love now it needs.

Keep her nice and original orange.