G-Nose Headlight Covers

Hi Fly-s30, a guy here in the U.S. is sending me a pair of quarter windows to make patterns from.  I will keep you posted as they shouldn't take long to make the windows.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Great!

What would be an individual purchase cost incl. freight charge to Victoria, Australia for these windows?

Cheers

Darius

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I still make the G-nose light covers so if you need some down the road just email me anytime at: mclapp5526@gmail.com  I've attached photos of my covers fitted to a really classic G-nose Z.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

post-4010-144023758525_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023758529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp

Hi Guys, I still make the G-nose light covers so if you need some down the road just email me anytime at: mclapp1@att.net  I've attached photos of my covers fitted to a really classic G-nose Z.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Sorry, but it has to be said that they look nothing like the OEM factory parts. Completely different.

Accurate replicas are still available in Japan from the likes of CITY AUTO and RS START.

• Administrators

Accurate replicas are still available in Japan from the likes of CITY AUTO and RS START.

Alan is anyone in Japan replicating the short nose versions of the chrome trim covers?

Hi HS30-H, if you are referring to the chrome trim that was added by the owner of the red car, you're right.  This was to get the looks of the trim rings without spending a fortune for original ones, if they can be found.  I just make the light covers in two versions.  I make them with an OE radius to fit over the light buckets and under the trim rings.  I also make them in a smaller radius for a "flush fit" to the light bucket edges if the owner does not have the trim rings.  You're also correct that my covers don't look like the OE parts since they are much clearer and will not crack.  I know because I used a set of OE covers to make patterns from.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

• Moderators

Craig, get the ones that are desinged for the rings; ie overlap the nose cone. You then can install rivnuts in the cone and make sure they are held down real tight.

When I scratch up some funds, I would like to get a set!

Hi HS30-H, if you are referring to the chrome trim that was added by the owner of the red car, you're right.  This was to get the looks of the trim rings without spending a fortune for original ones, if they can be found.  I just make the light covers in two versions.  I make them with an OE radius to fit over the light buckets and under the trim rings.  I also make them in a smaller radius for a "flush fit" to the light bucket edges if the owner does not have the trim rings.  You're also correct that my covers don't look like the OE parts since they are much clearer and will not crack.  I know because I used a set of OE covers to make patterns from.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

I was referring in particular to the chrome trim arrangement (and the mounting brackets), and especially since you wrote this:

I've attached photos of my covers fitted to a really classic G-nose Z.

...because it looks nothing like a "really classic G-nose Z" to me.

Sorry, but for me the reference point is nothing less than the standard factory parts. If not, what's the point in calling them by the same names?   

Hi 620Z, I've sold several sets to owners that use their cars for land speed record setting and many racers.  They were attached with the L-braces I include and heard they had no problem staying put as installed.  You could always use three braces per side if you're worried as I include plenty of extra braces, but the L-braces will not crack even after bending them back and forth (flat) around 40 times.  I think the G-nose is a fantastic look for the car.  If a guy wants to do a conversion with one of the fiberglass front pieces you should go for it and call it what you want.

Mark C.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I received some photos of the covers I make in the OE size fitted with the trim rings.  The owner is installing the G-nose on his car soon.  I don't carry the trim rings and if you don't have them, I also make the covers sized for a flush fit with the light bucket edges (see my previously posted pics).  I'm asking $189/pair for both sizes.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
mclapp5526@gmail.com

post-4010-144023782085_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023782092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp

• 1 month later...

Hi Gav240z, I tried making the standard S30z light covers but they need to be vacuum formed, which I'm not set up to do at the moment.  Also I just know plastic and not metal working.  It would be great if someone would work out a stamp to make the trim rings for the standard and G-nose cars.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, shipping to Aus is $30 USD, so to offset that cost some, I could offer the light coves for $170 for a total of $200 shipped.  I thought the discount might help some G-nose owners on a budget finish out their cars with the light covers, which really complete the terrific look of the G-nose.  Feel free to email me at:  mclapp5526@gmail.com with any questions.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp 

Edited by Mark Clapp

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,  I just wanted to post and say I'm still making the light covers for G-nose Zs.   I have a new email address now:  mclapp5526@gmail.com if you could use a set of light covers or have any questions about them.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

I would be interested in a set to suit the original trim rings, I will wait for the AUD to perform a bit better against the USD before buying. Exchange rate is killing us.

• 2 weeks later...