5 slot Jellybean wheels

PeterAllen

On another thread someone has raised the desirability of 5-slot 'deep-dish' Datsun wheels... am I missing something here? I threw these under the house many years ago as I thought they were worth nothing - are they the same wheels as on Six Shooter's new buy? They don't seem to get much money on eBay... Please explain.

post-684-144023657253_thumb.jpg

always been a fan of the jelly bean slotters, love the ol school look.

Once tried to swap a guy that had some (jellly bean slotters) for my fancy italian-ish car mags called carpigino ( or something like that they have written on) He said no. I was devasted! not sure i have fully gotten over that yet!

• 4 weeks later...

they were sold with jelly beans off the showroom as a dealer option in the US and in AU (i believe).

If you want period accurate then they are the best option, the next best being 14x6 or 14x7 watanabe (being the factory option in japan);

The american muscle influence on japan was so strong that I have seen original shots of 432-r's in japan from the 70s roadtested .... rolling 14x7 jelly beans on BF Goodrich tyres with the white letters. In japan.

so yuck as they might be... they are the period correct and as these cars get older and older, maybe that will become more important?

The datsun 2000 sports my old man just acquired has a set of 14" Magnum branded 5 slotters on it with a fair amount of dish (havent taken them off to measure width and offset yet. While I'm not a fan at all they are very period correct as they've been fitted to the car since the late 70's as far as I can tell, possibly earlier.

I like them, period correct. Would look good if you like your Zed period correct, stock looking eg not lowered 14 inch wheels with 70series rubber. Not for everyone I guess. Many companies made these back in the day, aunger, ROH to name a couple. They used to be seen everywhere from datsuns, valiants, kingswoods and falcons.

Copy_of_10Sept08_%2810%29.jpg