Tassie Tour: Feb/March 2012!

C.A.R.

Two weeks to go, can't wait to go through 5 tanks of 98 octain fuel, use up all the rubber left on my tyres and cover my nice shinny rims with $500.00 of brake dust , topped of with about 10 pub dinners, it's gonna be great.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah really looking forward to it now boys. We have Mick joining us for dinner at Stanley for the first night.

Like I said last time down there. "I have never had a bad meal in Tassie. In fact all the dinners were excellent and I will order the same if I can". Ha

Yes sadly will be wearing out some tyres and some brakes but it will be well worth it.  8)

Yeah really looking forward to it now boys. We have Mick joining us for dinner at Stanley for the first night.

Like I said last time down there. "I have never had a bad meal in Tassie. In fact all the dinners were excellent and I will order the same if I can". Ha

Yes sadly will be wearing out some tyres and some brakes but it will be well worth it.  8)

Hay Craig, your not wrong about the dinners they are excellent. Thats why Bruce took a photo of all his dinners last time we were in Tassie. LOL. good on ya Bruce.

Zed made it through powercruise only broke drivers window guessing it fell out of track in door and shattered inside was too hot to care on weekend have to run over to dads shed and get spare

Looking forward to seeing u guys down here on the big island

Mick

Hi All,

Just got bak from Tassi for work, its been nice and warm over the last few weeks untill i arrived on monday!

Also saw the skid marks and pics from the Targa Wrest Point where the cars flew into the river, what a spot to go!! that road to dover is great...

Have new Techno Toy Tuning parts that arrived today being added to the car next week and should be ready to go.

Cant wait.

Johnboy

Installed some new/ old tricks on Dales Red Zed ready for the trip.

Motec Screwdriver ECU

Naps Manifold with K&H Air Filter

Gareth's old school front spoiler

MX5 Seats

Should make his journey a smidge more fun! Either that or you other guys will be tuning his ecu every other day  :P

post-762-144023664243_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023664251_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023664258_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023664264_thumb.jpg

Mark, I notice that the throttle body is missing the TPS  :P

Yes do you happen to have a two wire one? That is the Mk1 screwdriver and there is no info on installing, tuning or any bloody thing else on this ecu. Instead of a tps it runs a vacuum hose straight to the ecu. Really, it does!

5 Star in Hobart $400- a night  for a room but obviously we have some cheaper nights. The places we stay at are fantastic. Going to be one awesome trip. As you all know I have now booked our 3 hour Ocean Speed boat cruise off Port Arthur if the weather is good like last time it will be a memorable trip. I have attached a shot from out of accommodation window in Hobart and a shot of the last boat trip.

6 Days to go.

post-260-144023664281_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023664291_thumb.jpg

Hey it's not like you guys will be staying in 4 and 5 star accommodation only, it's backpackers and tent city so i here :P

Hey Scoota, we go from 5 star to 3 star so it's all good. So once you pack the zed with a few spairs , luggage some food and bits and pieces, there is no room for a tent and camping gear.lol. Some of the boys are taking there partners so they will be packed to the head lining. PS did dale ask you to come along as an on ours mechanic ?

Hey Scoota, we go from 5 star to 3 star so it's all good. So once you pack the zed with a few spairs , luggage some food and bits and pieces, there is no room for a tent and camping gear.lol. Some of the boys are taking there partners so they will be packed to the head lining. PS did dale ask you to come along as an on ours mechanic ?

Um no he didn't ask but after my trip to Croatia late last year i wouldn't be able to afford it anyways. I certainly gearing up for the next one but. As for the accomodation i know how our man Craig rolls so i expected nothing but the best ( i do love ragging on him about it, what's the friggen point of getting a room with a massive spa when all you have is a bunch of guys around you) ooopps i've said too much :P