Grampians Drive 23/24th May '09

C.A.R.

Hi all,

We are having a run up to the Grampians and staying overnight on the weekend of the 23/24th of May.

This will be your last chance to get the Zed out for a good blast before winter weather sets in!

We are currently looking at accommodation options but a multi share room is looking like the best option

if people are willing to share with each other.

We will also have a suitable option for Couples.

Please email Craig at: Craig.lovegrove (at) rydell.com.au to put your name down.

It should be a top weekend with a great group of like-minded people!

Don't be shy & come along!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Accommodation is looking like the Royal Mail in Dunkeld.

http://www.royalmail.com.au/

Costs are $220- with breakfast twin share with mountain views. $180- with out views

$335- for 2 bedroom accommodating 3-4 people.

Or if we have a large group we could look at a house style on the sheep farm 3 minutes from town. Do a BBQ tea etc if we wanted.

Some great roads and plenty of places to look at along the way.

Register your interest on here.  :-)

Add we might meet around the Shell Servo at Westgate. Why you planning on making the trip back first? Meeting point depends on numbers. At the moment not much of a response so we might change the meeting point closer to the time to better suit those going.

Come on guys, you have these great zeds, don't just talk about them, get'em out of the guarage and use them.  ;)

Could be a goer if we are passing by Dale, why not stop over and check out your collection.

Sounds good Craig, you are more than welcome to come by and have a poke around. 

I will be staying overnight, so I can have a few bundys and talk zzzz till the cows come home. 

Yep, as you know we normally crap on about our Zeds till the early hours. Except for Lurch he still needs plenty of beauty sleep.  ;) If we did get say 8 people staying over we could look at getting the Mulbury House for around $520- which would accommodate us all. I plan on booking either way on Monday. So let's see how many we get or else I would just book a Hotel room.

Looks like this is a good opportunity to bring out my zed for the first time with you fellas,

Hey ash you'll have to let me know if your coming roughly a week before the trip because ill stay at a mates The friday and meet you in the morning at your place f thats cool with you?

And btw Sulio, I just ordered a "Very expensive xP" Suction cup mounting thingi to mount on the zed for the trip,

But i would like to upgrade my 6 odd year old camera for the trip Any ideas on one?

- Thanks guys and see you in a couple months - Mick

Hi Mick,

I would be keen to see that suction cup camera holder your getting. I don't think I'm gonna bring the video camera to this trip as my miniDV is plying up, (too many drops I think) and i want to enjoy the driving. Will bring my digital SLR and just enjoy taking some photos rather than rushing to do too much.

Hey just a side note to everyone, I can't emphasize how much better the drive is when you have a UHF cb radio in the car. Try and get one of the hand held ones off e-bay, go for a 5 watter as less power will annoy you. We are using them for all these drives so it's a great investment and keeps you in the loop whilst driving rather than just follwoing and wondering things like "why are they stopping here?" or "bummer, wish I had known about that speed camera evrybody else got the heads up on!".

Cheers,

Sulio

The Suction cup camera Holder im getting is off a company Call "Race Recall"

I Was recommended it by a mate after buying a half cheap sony one for $35 By a mate who races a drag Torana down calder Monthy odd, And advised me on this camera holder as its the only one he trusts to hold With his $1000 buck Sony handicam

Down the strip at 120 Mph :D

I went to the shops today and prices some 5 watt Cb radios/Handicams but decided all were Either expensive or not what i was looking for.. So it looks like ebay is the key!

And for the Cb radio i did get one of my Grandpas Old patrol But since Decided to look at buying a new one as i dont like making permanent mounting things or Holes in my zed, Especially on things id take out when there not in use.

* Just ordered a 5 watt Uniden UHF Waterproof Handheld Off Ebay. $245 Delivered! Better then the Cheapest Chinese brand 5 watt cb at Dick smith that was $370! o.o

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260375604884

But yes i plan on being all equipped by this drive, just to try and get the best trip possible i can Being my first and all.

Anyway Thanks heaps Mate, And See ya on the drive

Well done Michael sounds like you got the right 2-way. Also on the video camera front you can get small handy cams for around $250- which is really cheap but work well in cars. Sulio suggest the Hi Def but make sure it still goes onto a tape as the Hard Disks skip in the cars. But that's only if you have a grand to spare. Sulio I will bring a camera and mount it in the usual place. We can hand it around and use that if you like. Casual only. We could throw a 5 minute thing together. But we can play that one by ear.

Good to see a few people getting on board. Let's just book at the Hotel. I will do so for Sulio Lurch & myself. Cheers

OK I just booked. Last 2 room apartment. Unfortunately the Restaurant is booked out for the night (already) But Bar meals are available from 6-8pm so it looks like that is the go. Obviously on the night we might try and muscle in on a descent dinner. If not I am sure the Bar meal will be cheap. Like I said our only other option would be to rent the house and do our own thing for tea. But I will leave that on hear for people to debate. either way Sulio, Lurch & myself are locked in. Don't muck around to long booking. This is a nice place and I reckon a month out you might find it hard to get in. It's the only place in town to stay by the way.

So I guess we should get a list going.

Craig -        Confirmed Booked

Sulio -         Confirmed Booked

Lurch -        Confirmed Booked

Michael -     Confirmed

Dale -         Confirmed Booked

Scoota -     Confirmed Booked

Rob (Fuzzy DB) Most likely ??

Dave (Rev) - Most likely

Adrian -        Confirmed Ada

Let me know if this is correct or others need to be added.   ;)

Sulio suggest the Hi Def but make sure it still goes onto a tape as the Hard Disks skip in the cars.

Ah Ok! Almost made a mistake on the way home then =P

Well ill organize Me and my mates accomodation this week But ill double check hes a sure thing first.

- Michael

I will be checking on the progress with my car on Wednesday and maybe put him under the pump abit. It want take me long to get it RWC ready and rego'd so it all depends on him. Sorry I can't give a definite answer at this stage but fingers crossed.