Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

C.A.R.

This 6-7 Day event is being held again next year (2010) from Febuary 9 to 17th.

It's about 1600kms of THE BEST Zed driving roads in Australia.

For a car & driver you will need around $1500-$1800 in funds. Passengers around $800pp.

This covers EVRYTHING: Spirit of Tassie overnight boat trip, Accomidation, Petrol, Food & Drink, Track day at Symmons Plains & all spending money.

Here is the trailer vid from the 2008 Tassie Tour:

If you are SERIOUS about attending this awesome event, email Craig on: craig.lovegrove (at) rydell.com.au

NOTE: If you are unsure if you can attend this event (for whatever reason) please DO NOT waste our time.

People confirmed as going:

Craig - ZZZ8

Gordo

Bruce - SPAmasterZed

Simon - Thomo260

Brian (Thomos Dad)

Evan - ZedEvan

Dave C

Me - Lurch.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well guys we have locked in some dates for the big tour of Tasmania. We will do a slightly different route to last time. The trip will also include a day at Symmon's Plains.

9th Tues Catch boat accross to Tassie 6.30pm

16th Tue to boat 6.30pm for our trip home to Victoria.

17th Wed Arrive in Melbourne 6.30am

So to all you interstaters Tassie/SA/NSW people let us know if you are interested and of course you Vic people. Cost around $1,500- all inclusive approx. I will put together an itinery and accommodation etc for everyone. So the ball starts turning for this awesome trip. Stop talking and dust off your Zed for a memorable trip. A deposit of $50- will be payable before Christmas. You get that back on the boat. This is only so I don't waste my time organising people who almost have no intention of coming as that makes life complicated. something I don't need.  ;D

Note: Could be changes to days driving destination but will be all confirmed or locked in via direct email if you know what I mean.  :-X

Cheers

so is it possible to sleep on the spirit of tasmania? i've heard it's not the best?

I will have to look into how much leave and money i will have to waste, as when i was down in tassie the start of this year i spent alot of the time wishing my car wasn't full of people and towing a trailer! hopefully i'll have something worth taking down there by then too ;)

If it's ok with you guys and my car isn't pulled to bits at the time I'll join you at Symmons for the day.

For the freeday sunday in Hobart, if anybody wants to do further driving I could provide you all with a course of some of the best driving rounds south of Hobart from where me and Bluerat did the Targa Wrest Point 999.  Could also incorporate the Tahune Airwalk which was one of the stages for the rally and has 30km of brilliant winding road to get there!

I'm sure by that time you'll all be keen to have a day of not driving though  :)  Anyway, let me know.

No worries Scando we are happy to have another Zed along for the Track day. We have done the drive to the Air Walk a few times before. Awesome roads. We shall see who is interested in that drive closer to the time. Keep in touch as I will want to confirm numbers for the track day before Xmas. you should take a few days off work and join us for a few days. Cheers.

Unfortunatly since I can't run my car on 98 it destorys the idea of going for a cruise.  I'll be keen to catch up with eveybody for drinks one night when you're in Hobart though.

With the track day, we intend to put new chassis rails under the car over the summer and do some seem welding and tidy up so I'll just have to see if it's all back together at the time  :)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, sing out if you need a hand organising anything from this end.

:-\ "finish the trip with a day at Symmon's Plains which I have booked for 16/2/10.

9th Tues Catch boat accross to Tassie 6.30pm

10th Wed Drive to Symmons Plains for Race Day $120- per car Then White Sands Resort"  :-\

I must have read it wrong aswell. Or did I?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys. Well all is going well. At this Saturdays BBQ I will hand out the itinery and Accommodation details along with contact numbers to start booking etc. Any people on the list for the Tassie trip that can't make it to the BBQ will get the details direct via email early next week. If you don't get it and want it by then let me know and I will forward details to you.

Finally got my gear box in yesterday and tested her out on the hoist. All seems OK. Will test run when I take it home from Gordon's place next Saturday. Just another $4,500- down the drain on my car.  :( But should improve the cars performance on the track and give me a smoother ride. Bring on Tassie.  ;D

Cheers

OK I have done a bit of home work. At the moment we have 9 people coming from Victoria and 4 locals in Tassie who will link up with us for the race day and or other times in Hobart. Slackers don't seem to want to cruise around with us? Maybe because they can do it any time.

Anyway I ran some costs and excluding the track day (which is $120-) us Vic people are looking at $970- for all Accommodation and boat trip over and back in a Cabin. I have only gotten top quality accommodation in Hobart at Somerset since it is in the heart of town. The rest is clean, self contained and cheap when shared. I figure we won't be in those long since we will be out for tea most nights. Anyway the links or email/internet sites will be sent out direct to attendies. Remember it might be easier or cheaper to bring some cerial or bread for toast for breaky and you can save some more bucks plus it might be more convenient.

Attendies are:-

Me - Craig in 260Z

Gordon in his GTR

Lurch maybe in Sulio's Zed?

Bruce & mate in his Zed

Thomo in 260z

Wes & Magie 260z

Spawn - Launceston

and possibly a few others yet to confirm.

Tassie people (2) talking about hooking up later are:-

Mick - Zed240au for Symmons day

Hodgo - Bluerat for Symmons day

Contact me direct if any questions. Going to be a great trip as usual.  ;D

Regards