Should I keep my trap shut?

C.A.R.

I'm going to lurk in the back round of this site for a while - cheers all :)

oh quit being a drama queen. no one said for you to shut up. just ease off the newbies. you scare them off and they start bagging the community and i'm sure you don't want that.

yO! Wazzup Lurch bruz? u dun like da net wiggaz an da sikaz tipinz skilz? diz iz da shiz and iz da bom yo!

sic mayte, gotta hav da homiez luvn da atitood duude.

ps, yaa noes huw i gunna maek mor powaz in ma enginz? gotta race ma bruz in da honduz, carnt havm beetin da craps outta ma sikas ride yo.

;D

On some forums, it really is like that. painful huh.

on car forums it really comes down to the car, and the stereotypical owner, eg, Hot4's forum is like that, coz thats how all the "sic uleh's" speak.

then there is the corolla, gemini, laser forums (and other generally cheap cars) most are owned by kids who are still in highschool, or have only just left, so again, the average intelligence is down there.

yea, some flaming is needed in every forum, it can help to keep the quality up.

just remember, some people dont speak/write english as a first language, and some others have learning difficulties, and as such, their grammar skills can suffer.

easy example would be someone with dyslexia, maybe they didnt do well in school due to thier condition?

so, goes to say their grammar may be a bit poor, but its not their fault, they are trying as hard as they can.

Sorry Lurch

You guys ever heard of the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones and names will never hurt me"

Lurch has allways tired to help us by posting "Brakes up grades step by step" and so on

His normally the first one to put some input on someone questions, mostly positive and informative

I,m guilty of making fun at other people, But with no intent of hurting anyones feelings.(sorry=put your name here)

Without Lurch this site will suffer, its our lose not his................!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why you guys take it all to heart, If you don't like what lurch says DONT read it.

I personally like his posts and have a good laugh each and every day

I,ve been the butt of a few jokes by Lurch, Its like water of a ducks back to me.

Where all here to have fun and learn a thing or two about Datsun zeds

So everyone CHILL OUT and take it easy on the bloke

Anyway thats my 2c worth, either like it or don't (i wont be losing sleep over it)

Mr240z   Pauly

I will admit that when i first came here i thought who is this lurch guy giving me sh*& about my spelling.

I  nearly did not come back. i thought i wold sit back for a while and just read some posts, i worked out he is actually a good person and allways willing to help.

In school i got all A's in tech studies, art, music and all the other hands on subjects ,

i failed English and maths :'(  but this does not make me any dumber than any one else here

I worked out where spell check is lol

my suggestion is instead of deleting peoples posts, send them a warning to go edit and fix the mistakes or it will be deleted, give them a chance to fix it 

BWAHAHAHA! I love you George! Your right, I'm being a DQ... :-[ I over-reacted.

I'll ease up on the newbies from now on, but I'm not going to change my attitude (much).

I'm not a grump - I just cant stand poor spelling/grammar AND idiocy.

I expect to be spoken to like I speak to other people, which is straight down the line.

I normally don't delete posts (apart from spammers) from people who post poorly.

I always send a PM first (apart from Hunter :P ).

Oh & Stef, I'm not a Kraut - I'm much worse...

Back to normal people - thread locked.