RLY240 Posted September 3, 2018 Posted September 3, 2018 Looking for a little advice on a muffler choice for my 240. Currently running mild L28 with headers and a 3 inch pipe and single rear muffler and while it sounds great on song it's way to loud for a street car. Anyone recommend a suitable muffler I can swap in without having to cut up the rest of the system to fit a resonator in the middle somewhere? Roger Quote
Andrew_L26 Posted September 3, 2018 Posted September 3, 2018 You might struggle to get rid of the I6 drone without a resonator. Redback makes some great mufflers, as does magnaflow. Have a look at their range. Quote
C.A.R. Posted September 3, 2018 Posted September 3, 2018 2 hours ago, RLY240 said: Looking for a little advice on a muffler choice for my 240. Currently running mild L28 with headers and a 3 inch pipe and single rear muffler and while it sounds great on song it's way to loud for a street car. Anyone recommend a suitable muffler I can swap in without having to cut up the rest of the system to fit a resonator in the middle somewhere? Roger Without knowing what you currently have Roger, make it a bit difficult, however I've built systems (mostly at Les Collins's) using these Magnaflow rear mufflers: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=11229 They are almost silent with a centre resonator, but are still quiet when used on their own. Minimal to no drone either. PeterAllen 1 Quote
DreamZproject Posted September 4, 2018 Posted September 4, 2018 Same boat I'm in nice to know a resonator isn't necessary. I want all the drama the exhaust already has, just not that sweet spot resonance. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.