AK Posted June 14, 2014 Posted June 14, 2014 Hi Guys I am new member in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. It been 20years in coming, but finally bought my project Z 1977 260z 2+2 5speed with factory sun roof , light blue, it's had some work done , she is pretty straight and no real rust to see at this stage. New radiator New exhaust system Rewired Mag wheels refurbished New dash skin but still needs a lot more - but that's half the fun they say. No reg right now need to get some new induction happening, the Hitachi SUs are dysfunctional, thinking triple webers may be the go, hope to the get it on the road to start with - then the games will begin. Any advise on getting club plates would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to meeting some members at a club day some time. Cheers AK Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted June 15, 2014 Moderators Posted June 15, 2014 Welcome AK, good to have you on board. With regards to CH reg, best thing is to work out which club you want to join and then attend a club meeting. There are several clubs that can do it and all have their own criteria you have to meet to register the zed. For now, a good set of 240 Hitachi's would be great as they work extremely well and are pretty cheap compared to triples and will help get the zed on the road quicker and easier. BTW, sunroof's never came out of the factory; most if not all were either dealership or owner fitted. Quote
C.A.R. Posted June 15, 2014 Posted June 15, 2014 Welcome. And this is VERY sage advice: Welcome AK, good to have you on board. With regards to CH reg, best thing is to work out which club you want to join and then attend a club meeting. There are several clubs that can do it and all have their own criteria you have to meet to register the zed. For now, a good set of 240 Hitachi's would be great as they work extremely well and are pretty cheap compared to triples and will help get the zed on the road quicker and easier. BTW, sunroof's never came out of the factory; most if not all were either dealership or owner fitted. Quote
AK Posted March 7, 2015 Author Posted March 7, 2015 Hi Dimitri and Locky I am all new to being on forums, so I am not the up with navigating around and posting ect but will figure it out as we go along. I am going to fully strip her down back to the shell, that is the plan at least and do metal work as needed. She is about 50% stripped now and have reconditioned 1 door now - still need all new rubbers ect. I am looking at doing a dustless water blast on everything once stripped if can T-UP a unit to hire and get a rotisserie to put the shell on - fun times ahead !!! Going to either weld up the original factory sun roof or make a plexi glass solid roof to go in place of the factory retractable job - will give me more head room being 6ft /2 it will help. I am taking a lot of photos as I go for reference and will put together a story when I get a chance. Seats are hard one, the original z seats being really narrow makes it hard to find good after markets - so I think I will have to recondition the old units . All advice and thoughts are appreciated from the long time inflicted. Has anyone done the dustless water blasting yet??? any feed back? looks very effective. Lots of work to do. Welcome AK, good to have you on board. With regards to CH reg, best thing is to work out which club you want to join and then attend a club meeting. There are several clubs that can do it and all have their own criteria you have to meet to register the zed. For now, a good set of 240 Hitachi's would be great as they work extremely well and are pretty cheap compared to triples and will help get the zed on the road quicker and easier. BTW, sunroof's never came out of the factory; most if not all were either dealership or owner fitted. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted March 8, 2015 Moderators Posted March 8, 2015 Welcome. Agree 100% choose a club and get INVOLVED in what they do. Plenty of good advice will be found in these pages, including ideas on alterante seats & building a rotiserie. In sofar as being 6'2"+ one of our "members " is a bit taller than that so rest assurecd these are cars are not resticted to folks of shorter stature. Good luck in sorting out your Z and look forward to seeing some photo's. Cheers PB Quote
AK Posted March 8, 2015 Author Posted March 8, 2015 No this is my first Datsun/Nissan - I Owned a 1970 - LC Holden GTR original once that was the coolest car I have owned yet until I got the 260z going that is. I like 70's cars Were you on Aus300ZX by any chance? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.