My 1977 260Z 2 seater, RB25DET converted (lots of pics, be warned)

sco_aus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Better update this.

Not much has been done really.  I have mostly fixed my brakes, but in the process have got a leak in my brake booster, so a new/reco one will be next.

I need money to get anything else done, I am hoping to get a fair amount of money some time in the next few months, so here is hoping.

Unfortunately my tax return had to go to my landcruiser since its my "daily", but i get a lot out of it so its worth it.

Whats left: 

The surge tank has a crack in it, so that needs replacing.

The rear left side of the sway bar is not connected as the link seems to have gone missing....  So a custom will need making.

It currently would be struggling to push 100rwkw on the road tune it has, so a full tune is definately in order.  I am going to have a max tune of 260rwkw, i dont want to stress the motor, cos frankly, its more than enough power.

Last thing will be a full roll cage, but that depends on how much money i get, so here is hoping:  Rev can you say a prayer for me :D

Cheers

Scott

Oi you twat!

I offered to lend you the $$$ to buy one at the time, when you got the 1" M/C's for Steve & myself, but you didn't want a bar of it.

It's your own bloody fault!!!

I got 2 through a mate, but stupidly helped 2 other people out thinking i could get another one and now cant get one, so im using the 15/16th atm.  It will be fine for now.

Oi you twat!

I offered to lend you the $$$ to buy one at the time, when you got the 1" M/C's for Steve & myself, but you didn't want a bar of it.

It's your own bloody fault!!!

bbzzzzzzz, hook line and sinker. hehe  I was joking mate, you need it more than I

Thats the one...

Cage:  No, not really.  Since there hasn't been any money and its the most expensive part, ill wait till the time then chat to some local CAMS cage builders.  Since the rules change every week, i'd rather wait till i have the funds.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another quick update:

So I had to remove my exhaust manifold and get it re welded in a couple of spots from cracks.  Thanks to Dingo for that. 

Also, today I have finished wiring up 2x battery isolators.  The first one is in the engine bay using the ground cable as the isolation and the second I have mounted in the spot where the heater etc controls used to be using the positive that controls the computer and accessories, the cables were already there left by the guy who re wired the car, so I could set up the isolator.  I have re made the the panel I used to have there with alumniclad and also used a carbon fibre looking panel that has an inbuilt isolator, start button and 4x rocket switches.  Its mostly show, but handy none the less, also it makes it look a little more professional and since it has inbuilt warning lights, definately will come in hand:

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Next is to put the exhaust manifold back on, tighten and lock wire the Wolf creek CVs, re install the passenger seat and get it tuned.  Thats it, I will be really happy with it then.  Gotta have it ready for my wedding in November...

The speedo and tacho are VDO guages, plain black background with white markings, nothing special looking, but good quality.  The Autometer guages are so highly over rated, really bad quality, but they suited the theme of the car...  I haven't installed a boost guage yet, I did have a liquid filled Autometer, but it leaked the fluid...  I'm not sure what type i will go for, but I reckon it will be Japanese and good quality.

• 1 month later...

Quick update.  I got her running this arvo, didnt appear to be any exhaust leaks, but there was smoke from residues being burnt off the manifold which is fine.  I couldn't run it for long cos the garage was filling up with exhaust fumes, so ill have to wait till i can get her out of the garage. 

So now all is left to be done is install the 1" brake MC tomorrow and bleed all the brakes, then get her tuned and she is back and stronger and faster :)

so you bought that master cylinder today after lunch ehhhh, in fyshwick ehhh....I must have just missed you by a few minutes..I was getting a lesson from lurch on the phone about shockies, while getting served by "NismoZed" Alan behind the counter.....hehe we could have had a 4-way zed conference call going  :P

• 7 months later...

Well an update is in order.

I recently installed a custom made spoiler (by Biscuitballs).  Since I couldn't re use the indicator/park lights pod, I did a subtle front LED indicator.  I'm not sure if I'll keep it or go to something more original looking, but it will do for now.

DSCF0059-1.jpg

DSCF0058-1.jpg

DSCF0057-1.jpg

th_DSCF0147.jpg

I took her to the Nationals on the weekend with some good results, winning my class (though I believe I may have been the only one in my class lol).  My best time was a 1:14.0 which I was stoked with for my first time on track with the car.

Here are some pics:

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

227481_180361758679402_136818013033777_397046_1581167_n.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

:D

I have fixed a few small wiring issues, but one of them came back to haunt me, but it came at the lunch break, so I had it fixed for the first of the long track sessions. 

yeah, I was actually supposed to get a decent alignment before the nats, but I didnt get the car back till Thursday, so it was just a basic road alignment.  I'm pretty crap when it comes to suspension stuff, I dont even know which one is the radius rod?  Are they AKA castor rods?

• 1 month later...

Another update: 

I designed an airsplitter/diffuser for the front and installed it today, I am pretty happy with it.  PICS:

341dfd84.jpg

6ca97019.jpg

The second image sucks, sorry, but its really shiny on that side, I chose to have the matt side up to match the spoiler...

In other news, I also tried to install bonnet pins today.  I cocked it up at one point when I slipped with the drill bit and put a massive scratch about 6 inch across the bonnet.  I am so effing angry at myself for it.