Where to buy strut dust boots?

Dan260Z

Cheers mate much appreciated. Could I be more of a PITA and get some very rough dimensions?  ID of the  holes and unstretched length?  Just worried they look shortish (pics are deceiving I know) as my stock broken ones are very long.

Cheers, they sound near-identical to the 2 I've bought off ebay for $25, so if it's ok with you I'll wait till they come in and see if they fit, then buy yours for the rear if they do?  I prefer to check first rather than stuff you around.

Thanks for the universal rack boot suggestion - that's a great idea too if these don't work out :).

I haven't bothered  with dust boots they can cause more trouble than they are worth. When they eventually split the dirt will get in and stay at the bottom grinding away at the piston rod.

Richard

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Still waiting on my ebay delivery from dandenong would you believe!  The seller shipped straight away but they've been in the back of an Australia Post van (issued from a post office 5 mins from my house) for over a week and a half!  Seems the driver forgot to deliver them.  Had to open a case for them to look into it, etc.  Pain in the proverbial!

... And when I finally got the package, it was torn open and empty.  So the saga continues as i raise a dispute with Aust Post, etc. 

Dimitri let me know if I can still have yours, how much you want, etc.  Ideally i'll ask if you could post them (at my expense) as I'll struggle to get to your area given how much I've got on atm.

• Moderators

... And when I finally got the package, it was torn open and empty.  So the saga continues as i raise a dispute with Aust Post, etc. 

Dimitri let me know if I can still have yours, how much you want, etc.  Ideally i'll ask if you could post them (at my expense) as I'll struggle to get to your area given how much I've got on atm.

That sux  >:( . Cut your losses - grab the ones from Dimitri and move on  :)

Bit late but i found these...if anyone wants to blow any idea of a conservative budget to smithereens ~$220 landed f.a.s.t part # 54055-N3700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-260Z280Z-FAIRLADY-Z-S30-SHOCK-DUST-COVERS-54055-N3700-COVER-DUST-JDM-/200936320073?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec8bcec49&vxp=mtr

• Moderators

Bit late but i found these...if anyone wants to blow any idea of a conservative budget to smithereens ~$220 landed f.a.s.t part # 54055-N3700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-260Z280Z-FAIRLADY-Z-S30-SHOCK-DUST-COVERS-54055-N3700-COVER-DUST-JDM-/200936320073?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec8bcec49&vxp=mtr

Wow, asking prices are going up  :o

Yikes!  I'll pass at that price!  I wonder how much they'd be if I called nissan and just quoted that number....

I'm interested too! My local dealer was saying all Datsun parts are now N.L.A. please prove this wrong

I may well be interested - only have the two I got from Dimitri atm (they've arrived safe - thanks!  Haven't tried to fit them yet) and I'll need another two given I'll prob just get the cash back from aust post (if they ever respond to my claim!).  Plus if you've used them already on a zed at least I know they'll fit!