Name that Nissan!

Gyra

• Administrators

Yes it is. Known as the 200SX in the USA.

Such a strange shape if you ask me. Kind of glad we didn't get them in Australia ;).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

160J?

??

Violet

??

* US market Datsun 610 coupe. It has unique tail lights to that market. Not sure if JDM got them also, but definitely different to the Aussie market.

* Datsun 710 Coupe. Again US version, not sure we got a coupe like that in Australia? We called them 200B's but we had a different coupe shape.

* 140J

* 140J

Pic 1 is a JDM 610 bluebird (180B for us Aussies).

Not sure if JDM market got those lights. Got it off Flickr.com for a US market car.

Yes Pic one is a 610 JDM version :)

Gav you are correct about the V8 pic I posted it was the Y44

The engine pic you posted is that from the Price R380 and the engine is the GR8 ;) a DOHC 2L inline 6 and the predecessor to the S20 which powered the Z432 and KPGC10 aka Skyline GT-R

Engine pic is indeed from the Prince R380, I guess the red paint is a giveaway and the MR layout. Great looking car.

The US 710 coupe like all US 710 had big US bumpers (ugly) and live rear axles. All the coupes here in NZ are SSS versions and have IRS same setup as the 180B SSS.

Those pics of the 710 aka 160J/Violet are not US versions as they don't have the ugly 15mph bumpers (I should post pics of my old 160J SSS)

EDIT:Okl here are some pics showing the difference between the US 710 and the RHD 710. Notice the difference in grill and bumper design - the US is ugly don't you think?

post-104-144023570093_thumb.jpg

post-104-144023570104_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a bluebird 4wd turbo SSS pilerless sedan we got a few as JDM grey imports. Can't recall the chassis code but when I am not on the mobile will check and update ;)

UPDATE: RNU12 is the code for the SSS-R 4WD Hi-Cas Turbo Bluebird in the pic above.

We got the U12 new here in NZ - just the 4WD/Turbo SSS versions were imported

Anyway here is a Nissan for you - ok not a production model but a concept - who can tell me what is was based on and the year it appeared?

post-104-144023571564_thumb.jpg

Anyway here is a Nissan for you - ok not a production model but a concept - who can tell me what is was based on and the year it appeared?

Ooo, I've seen that one before somewhere.... It was a concept in the mid 70's or so wasn't it?

The bluebird was the 'Super Nismo' version, FWD powered by a CA18DE.... SSS-R bonnet looks good though.  8)

I rekon that new concept looks nice! no idea what it is though.

Ah, well that gave it away didn't it  ;) hee hee. I have a feeling it was the Cherry? Or maybe I remember that car from something else.

full marks yes it was based on the Cherry aka F10 and the concept name was ???