Jump to content

600Z

Donating Members
  • Posts

    359
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 600Z

  1. I have just sent my application off this afternoon for it so i will let you know how i go with it. I sent in everything that i have done to the column along with pictures and NDT test certificate of the welds so it should be ok.
  2. No problem Triptych I will do. Over the next few days I will be doing the application for modification paperwork as I want it all to be legal. Then I will be fitting it and working out the wiring so it's also speed sensitive, though would have to look into that side of things for cars running original engines and gearboxes and then have it inspected. Will still be a few of months away as I work away from home and have a fair bit of work on so have limited time at the moment
  3. The only issue I have with them is there not legal to be used on the road as any modification to the steering has to be passed by vehicle modifications and any welds NDT tested then the whole unit inspected. Otherwise in the event of an accident your insurance company will say sorry but we're not paying as your car is not roadworthy and your modifications are not approved. I am at the application for modification stage with my electronic power assisted steering that I have made up and have had to get the welds NDT tested with certificates. Then I fit the new column in and have it inspected so then I can get that modification added to the rest on my modification plate. This is of course you want to keep it all legal so there is no worries further down the track. Just something to think about and consider. Once I have finished mine and it's all been approved I might start making them to sell for around the $1000 to $1300 mark depending on if I have to supply the column. Mine is more rigid than the ones that are available from Japan or the states as I don't use the two uni joints in the bottom section.
  4. Hello I'm looking for a set of preferably 39 spline axles and the companion flanges for 300zx z31 turbo CV's.
  5. I would like to say hello to all everyone here and it's nice to have a common interest...... Zeds. I have always wanted one since I was 17 and a few years ago I finally got one with a push from my lovely wife telling me to, and in her words "just get it" so not to go against her wishes I did lol. Anyway here I am and I'm sure in time I will get to talk and hopefully meet quiet a few of you. Until then stay safe and enjoy your Zeds like I do. Justin
×
×
  • Create New...